Canadian BOLT EV price starts at $42,795

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbepic

The following link announces the price for base BOLT EV LT trim $42,795.

DC fast charging will be standard on the Canadian BOLT EV according to this release..........cars should be available to Canadian dealers early in 2017

http://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/ca/en/2016/Sep/0920_Bolt-Pricing.html

:geek:

oilerlord said:
Sadly, no rebates in Alberta :( I'm not holding my breath.

Alberta has only 5% tax for car purchases compared to 13% in Ontario.
Bolt is $37K in Ontario and $45K in Alberta. Not a life changing amount different eh?
Plus your electricity is cheaper, you'll save thousands over the life of the car due to that.

Buy used if new is too much.

SmartElectric said:
Alberta has only 5% tax for car purchases compared to 13% in Ontario.
Bolt is $37K in Ontario and $45K in Alberta. Not a life changing amount different eh?
Plus your electricity is cheaper, you'll save thousands over the life of the car due to that.

Buy used if new is too much.

I might save a few hundred dollars over the life of the car, but thousands? Not likely. I pay 5.6 cents per kWh. Peak power is relatively expensive compared to Alberta, but the off-peak Ontario rate (7PM-7AM) - when most will plug in their cars is 8.7 cents per kWh.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/01/higher-electricity-rates-kick-in-for-ontario

Considering you can buy a 2-year old, low mileage EV for 50-60% off, "new is too much".

That is a bit higher than I expected. I guess I was reading a lot of American pricing

sam said:
That is a bit higher than I expected. I guess I was reading a lot of American pricing
I was delighted - it's a bargain at less than a 15% premium over the American price despite the fact that the exchange rate is currently over 30%.

oilerlord said:
I pay 5.6 cents per kWh. Peak power is relatively expensive compared to Alberta, but the off-peak Ontario rate (7PM-7AM) - when most will plug in their cars is 8.7 cents per kWh

That is the price before taxes and delivery fees, etc. The retail price is more like 15c/kWh off peak and double that on-peak. Not complaining mind you, the Ontario grid is extremely stable and very low CO2 in comparison to our US neighbouring states, so that is a positive.

http://live.gridwatch.ca/home-page.html

Currently 19g of CO2 per kWh here in Ontario as I type this (see link above).
Yes, it's true, Ontario's grid is extremely low CO2.

Ontario dropped coal (and spent billions to do so) years ago, and went from 100+ smog days per year just a few years ago, to none.

Ontario rolled out 2GW of solar and 4GW of wind in just the past 5 years.

NY does benefit strongly from these changes, Ontario exports CO2 free electricity to NY grid during the overnight period, as we have >12GW of nuclear with only 14GW of total demand overnight.

SmartElectric said:
Currently 19g of CO2 per kWh here in Ontario as I type this (see link above).
Yes, it's true, Ontario's grid is extremely low CO2.
GetOffYourGas said:
Wow, that is impressive! The best I found points to 242g per kWh in New York. Granted, that is statewide and upstate is much cleaner than downstate (mostly due to lots of hydro and nuclear). But you did say state, so I'll give you that.
Here in Beautiful British Columbia we were at 9g/KWh last year. That's because almost all our generation is hydroelectric.

Back