CarPlay Apple Map Audio Volume Too Low

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjim

After an hour with Apple, we still can't get Apple Maps guidance audio loud enough to be heard. Anyone else having this problem! Any solutions?

If you have adjusted the volume in Settings > Maps, try turning the car volume up DURING an audio instruction.

Problem solved. I didn't realize that the manual audio knob can control different audio apps and remember those settings. Thx!

jimmyjim said:
Problem solved. I didn't realize that the manual audio knob can control different audio apps and remember those settings. Thx!

Patronus beat me to this, jimmyjim! I'm glad he could help address your app audio inquiry. Please feel free to reach out again if you have additional questions/concerns.

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

What is the secret to get this to work? When I try to adjust the (way too loud) navigation volume using the car's volume knob during a navigation instruction, it just lowers the volume of the radio. It is driving me crazy and hurting our ears. Is it a timing issue? Is there a button that I need to push to isolate the navigation volume, so that I can stop Siri's yelling?

You can adjust the volume on the iPhone under Settings, Maps, Driving & Navigation, Navigation Voice Volume.

Back