CarPlay stopped working: thinks iPhones are iPods

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have gone about 5000 miles in my Bolt with things working pretty well, but recently my car stopped recognizing all our iPhones, confusing them for iPods. The music will play, but no CarPlay available. Can you please suggest how to fix it?

Thank you.
Karyn

Reset the head unit. When the car is on, hold down the home and forward button, the actual buttons below the unit, for about 10 seconds. That reboots the unit and may solve your problem.

You also may want to try restarting your iPhone by holding down Power & Home buttons (iPhone 6 and earlier) or Power and Volume Down Buttons (iPhone 7) simultaneously. I was Test driving the Bolt I'm going to buy yesterday and CarPlay froze up. Quick reboot of phone and everything worked fine.

Thanks but neither of these suggestions worked. Does that mean I have to take it in for service? :-(

Someone else suggested messing with the bluetooth/wifi settings (turn them all off, un-pair devices, etc). The device/car gets confused.

I can't remember the exact details, but I am sure that a search will find them.

Back