Chevrolet head talks Chevy Bolt marketing plan

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

openminded

This article from Green Car Reports is of course on the Volt and the Bolt, but we'll just discuss the Bolt portions of it here.

For marketing plan, Darin Gesse is the man who is in charge of promoting the Volt plug-in hybrid and the Bolt EV electric car. Gisse admits that most of their plug-in vehicle buyers aren't watching TV, so their ad money will be spent on Wired.com, in the Scientific America magazine, and other 'techie' places.
Nicely, he admits that often the buyers are so well informed they know more than the salesman at the dealership - that's been the experience of many Volt owners I've met!

For marketing specific to the Bolt EV, Chevrolet will focus on the 200 miles of range for $30,000 - with of course an * by the price noting that buyers will only realize that price when they file their taxes.

Also of importance, the Bolt EV can only be sold at dealerships that have agreed to sign up to be certified to sell plug-in vehicles.

Full article: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1103129_how-gm-plans-to-market-chevy-volt-plug-in-hybrid-bolt-ev-electric-car

I wonder if they will still ran ads like they do against the Leaf regarding range anxiety...even though they have a pure EV in the Spark EV they are selling that has similar range to the Leaf. GM marketing baffles me. :roll:

Ha, hard to say!

Maybe they'll run ads that say why it's better than the Volt, but people will get confused with which name is which vehicle, and they'll go buy a LEAF instead :)

Back