Chevy touts Bolt as an EV for everyone

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

“With the price and range (of) this vehicle, this vehicle is ultimately a vehicle anyone can drive,” said Kathy Belsic, advertising and marketing manager for Chevrolet electric vehicles. “It’s not just a great electric car, it’s a great car.”

Sales of all electric and plug-in electric vehicles in the U.S. jumped 37 percent last year to 159,139, according to InsideEVs, a website that writes about electric vehicles. But that represents less than 1 percent of overall U.S. sales.

Still, Belsic and Chevy are optimistic.

“It is a growing market, there is a lot of anticipated demand,” Belsic said. “I think more than ever people are starting to think, ‘I think I can convert to a pure electric. It can be a vehicle for me.’ ”

Full article here: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/02/08/bolt-ev/97668290/

I think the Bolt EV will be the best selling EV for 2017.

If the Model 3 comes out early enough it might be able to catch up, but likely will show up right at the end of the year (just my guess).

Based on todays earnings report from Tesla it will be close. They are on track for approximately 35,000 model 3's by year end. Not sure how many S or X. Then they will ramp up to 10,000/week for 2018.

That is *great news* !! Maybe I'll postpone my purchase of a used EV for an additional 6 months, to reap the additional drop in prices of 3-year-old EV lease returns.

Back