First Totaled Bolt for sale

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamaest

Looks like a good opportunity to buy some bolt parts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hoonable/status/859415598643773440?s=04

So it's begun...... Yummy 150kw transaxles and speed controller, charging systems etc, all factory tuned to be smooth and reliable and good.... Begging to be shoved in the back of an MR2 or an RX8 or something like that. A fantasy project that I'll never have time or money for is slowly becoming less unrealistic.... Mmmm, EV sports car for cheap(ish)..... :D

Who could possibly need a wrecked Bolt? No body has them. Just in case you will need parts in the future? Just in case you buy a BOLT??

There is no market for that stuff yet..

Here is the actual IAAI page with more description:
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24659576

For starters, we will slowly see more massive battery packs/controllers for EV conversions, sourced from old bolts; to add to the limited supply of Tesla packs from totaled cars. All of this is good because it will continue to drive down the barrier to entry for whole-home power packs and long range EV projects...

iletric said:
It's an LT with the crappier seats. I pass.

Ummm... excuse you...

I sat in plenty of leather trimmed Bolt seats that were "crappier" than some of the well done cloth seats.

It has been proven (well, illustrated over and over) that there were manufacturing issues with the first few thousand Bolts of both cloth and leather.

The outer cover of your choice does not determine the crap level!

flamaest said:
scknogas said:
Ow! 62 miles on the odometer. That had to SUCK!

I wonder if it was a test drive which hit the [ACCELERATOR] too hard.

You may be right, but it could well be the owner on their way home. I heard a story about someone picking up a brand new motorcycle - they started it, put it in gear, and rode it about 100' up the street and crashed it into a telephone pole.

Totaled it in under a minute.

NeilBlanchard said:
flamaest said:
scknogas said:
Ow! 62 miles on the odometer. That had to SUCK!

I wonder if it was a test drive which hit the [ACCELERATOR] too hard.

You may be right, but it could well be the owner on their way home. I heard a story about someone picking up a brand new motorcycle - they started it, put it in gear, and rode it about 100' up the street and crashed it into a telephone pole.

Totaled it in under a minute.

I can't imagine the feeling of dread related to totaling a new bike or car.

PS: I would like to buy an extra Bolt LT OEM wheel/tire from anyone who is replacing their set, pref in California for pick-up. The dealer price for one of these with a tire mounted is just stupid because they charge labor/tax/ship, then more fees to mount the tire, comes out to ~400 for one wheel. uggg...

Back