GM Authority poll on Bolt being offered as Opel/Vauxhall

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

I found this interesting poll on the GM Authority site and wanted to share it on the Bolt EV Forum.
Chevrolet-Bolt-NAIAS-700x340.jpg

The vote is for wether or not you think Chevrolet should offer the Bolt EV in Europe as an Opel/Vauxhall model, like it had done with the Chevy Volt as the Vauxhall Ampera.

Seeing as Chevrolet no longer operates in Europe, the Bolt would have to be rebranded as an Opel, or as a Vauxhall in Great Britain. This seems within the realm of possibility when you consider the type of product the Bolt is. We’ve heard nothing about the production version, but the concept is a hatchback with an MPV-type shape, a vehicle segment that is much more popular in Europe than in North America.

Current results are at 78% say Yes, 16% say No, and the rest are undecided.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/03/community-question-should-the-chevrolet-bolt-be-sold-in-europe-as-an-opelvauxhall/

What are the latest results of this pool? Is this result gonna affect GM's decision?

mark111 said:
What are the latest results of this pool? Is this result gonna affect GM's decision?

Are they really gonna take such a big decision based only on polling? I don't think so.

Rivu said:
mark111 said:

Are they really gonna take such a big decision based only on polling? I don't think so.

You're right. They must consider a number of factors before taking such a decision which essentially makes the poll pointless!

Back