Great Chevy Bolt Ad!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt1372

Too bad Chevy didn't produce it but it's great just the same. Here it is in case you haven't seen it yet:

https://youtu.be/j-9syIOCOBE

The article and comments about it are also worth reading: https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/18/fan-made-chevy-bolt-ev-ad-better-many-gm-ads-video/

stolenmoment said:
Clearly not intended for the American market, but a really good ad nonetheless!

Why? Because the "actors" are Asian? That's pretty narrow minded.

FYI, Asian Americans make up a huge financial market in CA specifically and the US generally -- mostly college educated with a higher per capital income than any other racial group -- and there are a lot of nationwide ads w/Asians in them.

They are also the fastest growing minority group -- faster than Latinos -- in the US between 2006-2010.

See: http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/asianamericans-graphics/

sgt1372 said:
stolenmoment said:

I should take offense at that, but I won't.

Not just the actors, but the lettering on the phone and the dealer sticker, some of the architecture, the shot with Mt Fuji in the background, etc. The only thing that makes me not quite sure is that the cars are left-drive.

stolenmoment said:
sgt1372 said:
stolenmoment said:

I should take offense at that, but I won't.

Not just the actors, but the lettering on the phone and the dealer sticker, some of the architecture, the shot with Mt Fuji in the background, etc. The only thing that makes me not quite sure is that the cars are left-drive.

It appears to be a Korean ad. The lettering on the phone is Korean, and it's also given away by the part on the highway where the car is headed toward Seoul.

I don't believe for a second that that baby and that lady were able to sleep in the bolt. The ride comfort in this car is not very good, it's always bouncing around all over the place and if the road is not perfectly maintained, it is not a comfortable ride.

sgt1372 said:
stolenmoment said:

However, at 0:29, you can see a road sign for cities in the Republic of Korea (the sign has both Korean and English on it).

You can also see the car's displays showing km and Korean writing. Also, license plates on the cars look like those used in the Republic of Korea (not like those of any state in the United States).

stolenmoment said:

The scenery in the video points to the Republic of Korea, which is right hand traffic and left hand drive (same as the United States).

Back