Grinding Noise in Drivers Side Front Brake - Dealer found rock in braking system

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfenchel

Has any Bolt owner experienced a rock (little stone) getting lodged within the rotor and caliper of their braking system? Strangest thing happened this week...driving along and then I hear a nasty metal on metal grinding noise...pulled over in safe area, called AAA. I was towed to Capitol Chevy (San Jose, CA) where they found a stone lodged in my my drivers side front brake system. Capitol got me in and out in 30 minutes...GREAT service. All good.

Still dealing with horrible Apple CarPlay experience but think it might just be my dying iPhone 6+ which is probably going into auto-obsolescence mode as it will be 3 years old in November.

Other than that I LOVE my Bolt.

RBF

I believe someone on the Bolt's FB group had a similar experience. It happens with all cars, especially if you often drive on roads with lots of loose rocks and stones.

Oft times the stone will loosen up by itself and fall out. If it happens again, and you are inclined to do so, you can look underneath the wheel and maybe see the rock wedged in the disc/rotor and be able to poke it out. That would save an inconvenient trip to a dealership.

Back