Help with LA to Sacramento, CA, en route to Seattle?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend is currently charging up at the Walmart in Woodland, WA..which turns out to be a 50K charger. He'll top off to 200-225, and then drive through to Seattle by 1-2 am.

So two days from LA to Seattle, driving solo in a Bolt. Not bad. :)

It seems rather obvious that if one is driving a really long distance in a Bolt that one should pick a hotel with L2 (overnight) charging, if possible. 7-10 hours will provide a full charge for the next day's drive.

Zoomit said:
I think you posted before your coffee Sean. There's no such thing as a CHAdeMO Level 2 plug. CHAdeMO is DCFC only of course and is completely different than a J1772 plug.
Actually, I did not know that - I just assumed that it was an AC/DC standard like J1772/CCS was. I stand corrected.

SeanNelson said:
Zoomit said:
I think you posted before your coffee Sean. There's no such thing as a CHAdeMO Level 2 plug. CHAdeMO is DCFC only of course and is completely different than a J1772 plug.
Actually, I did not know that - I just assumed that it was an AC/DC standard like J1772/CCS was. I stand corrected.

Nope, CHAdeMO was a "nobody else is doing this we need something" 10 years ago agreement in Japan.

Back