How do I activate KeyPass?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devbolt said:
morbolt said:
Keypass was added to the mychevy android app today? I did not know what that meant and am too new to offer any further insight.
It means that if you update the app on your iPhone, you will get a new menu entry called "Key Fob (Remote Commands). This will let you remotely lock/unlock the car, precondition the car while plugged in (aka remote start, aka turn on the heater or A/C before getting in), or activate the horn/lights if you can't find the car. It will also turn on the car's internal lights as you approach. Some of this functionality you can already do via the key fob, but this allows you to precondition the car while still in your office/home rather than having to be near the car to activate the preconditioning.

Does this mean an owner won't need to carry the Bolt key/fob in order to unlock, start, and drive the car? Keypass and an android device can be used instead? :?:

phil0909 said:
devbolt said:
morbolt said:
Keypass was added to the mychevy android app today? I did not know what that meant and am too new to offer any further insight.
It means that if you update the app on your iPhone, you will get a new menu entry called "Key Fob (Remote Commands). This will let you remotely lock/unlock the car, precondition the car while plugged in (aka remote start, aka turn on the heater or A/C before getting in), or activate the horn/lights if you can't find the car. It will also turn on the car's internal lights as you approach. Some of this functionality you can already do via the key fob, but this allows you to precondition the car while still in your office/home rather than having to be near the car to activate the preconditioning.

Does this mean an owner won't need to carry the Bolt key/fob in order to unlock, start, and drive the car? Keypass and an android device can be used instead? :?:
No, you still have to have the key fob it looks like.

Tried to pair my Android 6P to the keypass and it kept cancelling after about a second.

I get it paired, then when I try to scan the QR Code it cancels out.

If I'm quick enough to scan the QR Code it still cancels but the MyChevrolet app crashes. It also cancels quickly if I try to bring up the code to type in.

Anyone else?

Yes, I had trouble with this too. I think I needed to turn off bluetooth so as not to interfere with the wired connection (or vice versa, I forget), and then it worked properly.

after calling Bolt help line last week and no success, i successfully paired KeyPass with my S6e last night.

I was in KeyFob locking the doors and a question popped up asking me if i wanted to pair my phone with KeyPass. i got back in the car, turned car on, said yes to pairing with KeyPass, S6e asked me if i wanted to pair with KeyPass, i said yes, QR code popped up on car display, i scanned it and i was paired. haven't tried it yet.

it is bluetooth, but a separate connection from audio/phone functionality i originally paired...

Back