How to find out the MAC ID of the Bolt WiFi ?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I was looking at the wrong device.
you are correct it shows up as localhost with mac address 30:29:de

grestep5621 said:
Sorry I was looking at the wrong device.
you are correct it shows up as localhost with mac address 30:29:de

Are "30:29:de" the FIRST 6 digits of the MAC ID or LAST 6 digits? In my case the FIRST 6 digits are "A0:6F:AA" and host name is "localhost"

grestep5621 said:
On my Chevy Bolt 30:29:de is the first digits.
Which are LG which matched your information,

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated!

scbolt said:
We use MAC ID filtering in our home wireless network to only allowed known hosts to connect. For this to work, I need to know the MAC ID of each device that wants to connect to our network so I can add it to the "white list".

Anyone know how to find out the MAC ID of my Bolt's WiFi?

For now I have temporarily disabled MAC ID filtering so the Bolt can connect, but I would like to re-enable it as soon as I can add it to the white list.

What's the make and model of your router?
I'll take a look and see if I can help guide you through it.

Or, alternatively...
I'd recommend you turn off all devices that connect to your router via WiFi and then only connect with the Bolt's WiFi.
From there, look in the Current Connections tab in your router UI. It would be the only one left connected. You just have to make sure that you turn off all devices that connect to the router wirelessly.

GoEV4uNme said:
scbolt said:
We use MAC ID filtering in our home wireless network to only allowed known hosts to connect. For this to work, I need to know the MAC ID of each device that wants to connect to our network so I can add it to the "white list".

Anyone know how to find out the MAC ID of my Bolt's WiFi?

For now I have temporarily disabled MAC ID filtering so the Bolt can connect, but I would like to re-enable it as soon as I can add it to the white list.

What's the make and model of your router?
I'll take a look and see if I can help guide you through it.

Or, alternatively...
I'd recommend you turn off all devices that connect to your router via WiFi and then only connect with the Bolt's WiFi.
From there, look in the Current Connections tab in your router UI. It would be the only one left connected. You just have to make sure that you turn off all devices that connect to the router wirelessly.

My router is Linksys WRT 1900AC. At this point I *think* I have identified the MAC ID, but would like to confirm for sure, if you know of a way.

Unfortunately turning off all devices that connect to the router is not easy since I have way too many devices! And the router seems to be caching the information for a while even after a device disconnects ... which makes it harder.

scbolt said:
Unfortunately turning off all devices that connect to the router is not easy since I have way too many devices! And the router seems to be caching the information for a while even after a device disconnects ... which makes it harder.

No, it should only cache DHCP leases.
I'll check that router out and get back to you.

scbolt said:

Okay, did you check this screen to see if there's any additional info?

View attachment 4scbolt.png

Also need to know if you're on iOS or Android if that window doesn't help.

If Android, install an app called Fling on your phone, if iOS, Network Analyzer.

Let me know..

GoEV4uNme said:
scbolt said:

Okay, did you check this screen to see if there's any additional info?

Yes, that is the screen from where I finally seemed to have figured out the MAC ID. However, it doesn't stay there long ... need to force an update of the status from the MyChevrolet app - and then quickly refresh the above page.

Also need to know if you're on iOS or Android if that window doesn't help.

If Android, install an app called Fling on your phone, if iOS, Network Analyzer.

Let me know..

I am Android, but I was looking at the Linksys router pages from my PC.

Okay, so... you'll need 2 cell phones, one of which should have mobile hotspot capabilities, the other should at least have wifi and the Fing App installed.

Take said cell devices on a drive to a spot far enough away from any other devices you may have that may also connect to the phone with hotspot.

From there, connect both the Fing phone and the cars WiFi to the hotspot phone.
Open Fing and it'll display the car's info as well as that of the other 2 phones.

2196.jpg

GoEV4uNme said:
Okay, so... you'll need 2 cell phones, one of which should have mobile hotspot capabilities, the other should at least have wifi and the Fing App installed.

Take said cell devices on a drive to a spot far enough away from any other devices you may have that may also connect to the phone with hotspot.

From there, connect both the Fing phone and the cars WiFi to the hotspot phone.
Open Fing and it'll display the car's info as well as that of the other 2 phones.

Thanks much! This is a great advice! Let me try this out.

Back