I'd buy a Chevy Bolt EV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukewarm

Back during the first press days of the North American Auto Show (Detroit), I got very interested in the Bolt EV concept. I used to own a 2012 Volt, now I drive a 2015 Volt and am definitely sold on electric vehicles.

I decided to fly to Chicago to see the Bolt in person. If GM goes ahead with producing the Bolt, they will have another home run.

Both of my Volt vehicles used nearly 96% power from wind turbines near my home in Texas. It's great that wind has created jobs and I'm happy that my vehicles are nearly exclusively powered by pure USA fuel!

I'd buy the Bolt - if it heads to production in a year or two, this could easily be my third EV!

I'd say if the Bolt can come at $30,000 I would buy one, and so would many others.

GM speculates 30K vehicles per year or more.
However, there's no guarantee that GM will be able to furnish more batteries and vehicles than that, or even 30K let alone any more.

I guess it depends on what oil prices do in the near-term.

I really want to see what the range of the Bolt EV will be... and then it will be interesting to see how many people it can convert. For example, the BMW i3 Rex and Chevy Volt right now seem way more practical to me than a pure EV with less than 100 miles range.

With 200 miles range, it gets closer to the range of 'it will be so rare that I need to go more than 200 miles in a day that I will manage with the pure EV' crowd

Bolt EV is starting production in October. Have you talked to your dealer yet about your car?

If the pricing stays on point the Chevy Bolt could possibly be in my future too. in the speculated price range it's a pretty great electric vehicle

laev said:
If the pricing stays on point the Chevy Bolt could possibly be in my future too. in the speculated price range it's a pretty great electric vehicle

So far, the pricing seems stable.

Back