Infotainment settings not saving

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceMan

Yesterday I spent a good 20 minutes setting my radio favorites. This morning I drove to the store (favorites as I left them) and parked. As soon as I turned the car off, the radio switched to accessory mode and, voila, the favorites reverted to how they were before my changes yesterday.

This happened a few days ago in the car settings also, but I didn't take note enough to say what exactly I was doing.

Anyone else having this issue?

SpaceMan said:
Yesterday I spent a good 20 minutes setting my radio favorites. This morning I drove to the store (favorites as I left them) and parked. As soon as I turned the car off, the radio switched to accessory mode and, voila, the favorites reverted to how they were before my changes yesterday.

This happened a few days ago in the car settings also, but I didn't take note enough to say what exactly I was doing.

Yes...

Figured it must be something I did since I'm just getting the hang of it. But really don't appreciate FOX NEWS coming up as the default channel

stevewa said:
SpaceMan said:

Yes...

Figured it must be something I did since I'm just getting the hang of it. But really don't appreciate FOX NEWS coming up as the default channel

Wow, that would be a total "di-zass-tuh". :D

CarPlay is a bit buggy right now, at least for Bolts. iOS 10.3 has a CarPlay update, so hopefully a fix will be included. The Infotainment systems seems to have a few bugs too, so hopefully an OTA update from GM will address them.

It occurred to me that perhaps an OTA update might be responsible for resetting preferences to defaults. I've not seen any way to determine when the last update was pushed, would be interesting to know if they have a schedule or are just being "Agile"

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE AS WELL 3 TIMES NOW, I SMELL A SOFTWARE UPDATE COMING....

Had the same issue a few days ago...reset favorites and have held for past few days...CarPlay is buggy...hopefully updates will fix.

I was told by Chevy representative that there are no OTA updates like Tesla does...I saw post a few up from this and said something about OTA updates? Does this Bolt in fact allow for OTA updates?

According to several videos from GM engineers, yes the bolt can and will have updates for the software. Also the manual have a section that talks about software updates. Also in the infotainment center you can go to settings to look at updates to auto update or manual( on/off button). How often and when no one has said.

Excellent news then. I did see the software update section in the InfoTainment but was told updates will be done at Chevy....would love an update for Adaptive Cruise Control...would even pay for the option.

There is no question there are OTA updates. The question is, have they actually done any OTA updates since the Bolt was released? And if so, what changes? Is there a mechanism that informs us of current/impending updates (similar to iOS/Android updates)?

I just had same problem with favorites. I put them in then turned the car off. Next time I'll put them in and drive. I will update you if that works.....

dandrewk said:
There is no question there are OTA updates. The question is, have they actually done any OTA updates since the Bolt was released? And if so, what changes? Is there a mechanism that informs us of current/impending updates (similar to iOS/Android updates)?

I don't know about any OTA updates since release. But there is a setting to permit automatic background software updates. I have it set to 'Off", and have not been notified of any available updates. When I check for updates manually, the car says I have version 13.4.0, and that that is the current version.

Has anyone else seen an update, or does anyone have a different software version currently installed?

I also have had some of my favorites disappear. Favorites refilled and can't add favs without deleting and doing it again. I too hope for a workaround or an update.
I got 245 mi with 62 mi remaining on my second charge. Truly amazing! This charge shows 293 mi est range. Also have 5.0 mi/kWh to date. 3/4 frwy commute, 1/4 misc.

phil0909 said:
Has anyone else seen an update, or does anyone have a different software version currently installed?
Isn't there a menu selection to show you the software versions? The obvious thing to do is to note what they are so that at a later point you can see if they've changed.

SeanNelson said:
The obvious thing to do is to note what they are so that at a later point you can see if they've changed.

You mean like I just noted it above??

Well good things come if you wait? Two days later, all my favorites reappeared and refilled ones are gone. I wonder if how you access favs makes any difference?

LOL. Patronus, I wasn't yelling, just a force of habit to type with caps on... LOL

In other news, I installed my AV charger this weekend and it works flawlessly. I know a guy that sells them if anybody is interested..

Back