Infotainment Software 14.1.0 to 14.4.2

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to download the file and copy it on a new stick so i could update to the new 14.4.2. The process didn't work and the car said it couldn't recognize the file. I'm using a Mac computer and i use a apple I-phone in the car. So, i realize this is basically for a Android fix but i was hoping to do the download so the next OTA downloads would be accomplished via wifi.
Is there a different file that has to be downloaded for a Mac computer , or do i have to download this file on a "Windows" computer for it to work?

USB stick just needs to be formatted FAT32. Take the .zip file, and unzip it into the root folder. It should have 1 file and 1 folder in root.

DesertSprings said:
USB stick just needs to be formatted FAT32. Take the .zip file, and unzip it into the root folder. It should have 1 file and 1 folder in root.

The mistake I made the first time is that when I unzipped the file it had a folder named 14.4.2, and I put that in the USB stick. It did not work. Open that folder, and there will be two items: a file and a folder. Copy those onto the USB stick and then it works. I used a Mac.

I did the upgrade yesterday. No Problem, other than the cheap USB drive (corporate giveaway) I used first wasn't recognized by the system. and it actually felt a little loose in the socket. After frutzing with that for a while, I copied the files to another USB, and that worked like a charm..

I did it yesterday, as well. The USB drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (which works on all computer OS's) and I also had to move the files out of the 14.4.2 folder, and then it worked like a charm.

HI,
My Bolt Premier is one year old today. It's never been back to the dealer so I don't know what version the Infotainment system has. This week the front camera display started coming on and staying on for complete trips. The screen doesn't respond to any touches, including changing to the rear camera view. The Climate Control system hard buttons work, but the soft buttons are hidden and don't respond when touching the screen in those areas. The infotainment hard buttons won't respond when this happens. This happens on about half of the trips.

Do you think the update may solve this problem? Is there a way to perform a complete reset?

Successful update for me. At first there was no sound from the radio, but I did a hard reboot and all was fine afterwards. Been working just fine for a few days now.

dan2112 said:
For those of us using CarPlay is there any other significant reason to update? Is there a list of what has been fixed with this version over 14.1.0?

- Dan

I updated but saw no changes in CarPlay.

I had no issues with the old firmware. The new firmware works just fine, though I see no changes which have resulted from it (I don't use Android).

portable said:
I tried to download the file and copy it on a new stick so i could update to the new 14.4.2. The process didn't work and the car said it couldn't recognize the file. I'm using a Mac computer and i use a apple I-phone in the car. So, i realize this is basically for a Android fix but i was hoping to do the download so the next OTA downloads would be accomplished via wifi.
Is there a different file that has to be downloaded for a Mac computer , or do i have to download this file on a "Windows" computer for it to work?

Most likely your USB isn't formatted to Fat32. Control-click on the USB icon (or right click), choose Erase or Format (can't remember) and select FAT32 from the list. Of course, it will erase what is currently on the disk

if the USB was already FAT32, then make sure that when you unzip the download to take the contents of the unzipped folder and move them out of the folder and onto the root level of the USB disk. I think it' two files: one file and one folder which you will be moving to the USB.

There CAN be other things on the USB along with that file and folder for the upgrade.

Thanks, i tried again and found it to be quite simple. I just had to double click on the downloaded file, then it opened up. Inside there was a black box thats was labeled "Indication" with numbers under it, also there was a file named "Update". I downloaded the update folder onto the stick and put it in my bolt and the car updated perfectly. Just took me about 20 minutes. "easy peasy"

Back