Lease Duration and Miles/Year Advice Needed

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I am considering leasing a Chevy Bolt. In two years I will be spending a year out of the country. Is it possible to get a lease for two years? I don't want to be paying for the car to sit in my garage for a year and also don't want the hassle of getting someone to assume the lease for the last year.

The other issue is mileage per year. The leases I see are typically for 10 or 12K miles per year. This would be a second car that would likely have less than 3K miles per year. Is getting a lower mileage limit possible? Alternatively, might one get some credit for turning in the car with much fewer miles than the limit number of miles?

Thanks in advance for advice.

JimH said:
I am considering leasing a Chevy Bolt. In two years I will be spending a year out of the country. Is it possible to get a lease for two years? I don't want to be paying for the car to sit in my garage for a year and also don't want the hassle of getting someone to assume the lease for the last year.

The other issue is mileage per year. The leases I see are typically for 10 or 12K miles per year. This would be a second car that would likely have less than 3K miles per year. Is getting a lower mileage limit possible? Alternatively, might one get some credit for turning in the car with much fewer miles than the limit number of miles?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Yes, it's possible but probably not from Chevy.

Contact a private lease financing company to see what kind of deal you can work out.

Back