Lease pricing rumors?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No.
Trim levels and pricing (other than base MSRP of $37,495) have not been announced yet.
They probably won't be real aggressive out of the gate, so you will likely see ~$350 per month on a base model with zero down and 12K miles a year.

Don't buy/lease the base model. Add the DCFC option which should come in at ~$750 (and add ~$10/m to a lease).

I ran this through my lease calculator and came up with $309 at full MSRP with 100% of the 7500 rebate passed through to the leasee (which is not guaranteed at launch)

MRSP: $37,500 (base price, no options)
Selling price: $37,500
Fees: $745
Cap Cost Rebates: $7,500
Term: 36 months
Residual: 54% (complete guess!)
Money Factor: 0.0004 (0.96%)
Sales Tax: $5.6%

ssspinball said:
I ran this through my lease calculator and came up with $309 at full MSRP with 100% of the 7500 rebate passed through to the leasee (which is not guaranteed at launch)

What lease calculator do you use?

I may well lease a Bolt rather than buy and need to do my homework, I will have never leased before and a dealer may take advantage of my ignorance.

JPWhite said:
What lease calculator do you use?

I may well lease a Bolt rather than buy and need to do my homework, I will have never leased before and a dealer may take advantage of my ignorance.

It's called Leasematic for iOS.

When I leased me i3 I sat in the BMW Sales Manager's office with this app as we plugging numbers in and comparing vs the BMW lease program until we had an agreement. My number from the app was within $2 of his.

Before you go to a dealer, you should make sure you know the various fees for the brand you are interested in and the tax system used in your state. After you've done that, you can go in to the dealer with much greater assurance that the dealer isn't taking advantage of you. Knowledge is power!

ssspinball said:

Your residual is way off.
Earlier 2016 Spark EV GM lease deals had residuals as follows:
42% @ 10K miles a year
41% @ 12K
39% @ 15K

At best, you're going to see residuals in the low 40's, on the LEAF, it's hard to get them higher than mid 30's

That being said, manufacturer financed lease options almost always include at least some contribution from the manufacturer - it can be a cap cost reduction, lower money factor, artificially high residual or any combination of those (and more).

DucRider said:
Your residual is way off.

Fair enough. BMW is known to set their residuals much higher than most. So with those same numbers and a 42% residual I'm getting $439/mo selling at full MSRP.

The i3 very rarely sells at full MSRP ($10k discounts aren't unheard of) and will likely still have a higher residual. It depends on incentives from Chevy and the public demand, but I see there being a very good chance it will be trivial to pick up an i3 for significantly less per month than a Bolt even though it's a much higher priced car by MSRP. Even 50% less (i.e. $200/mo for the i3 vs $400/mo for the Bolt) is entirely possible.

I am not saying people will want an i3 or should buy one instead, just that MSRP alone is not enough to make a comparison at what they will cost you. I will definitely be pricing these two cars against each other next summer!

Back