Locking the back door keylessly?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedMichon

One can unlock the rear hatch door of a Bolt by squeezing the switch just right of center on the door. My question is, how to lock it again?

It should lock every time you close it. To test, go put your key somewhere far away from the car and see if you can open the hatch again.

Or manually by pressing the button on the door handles. Although it is a button press.

Related question -- Does the security alarm automatically engage once the door is locked when you move far away ? or you need to press the lock button again on the remote to engage it ?

The car will automatically lock all doors and the trunk if you turn on the passive auto lock feature in the settings menu :mrgreen:
If you walk away and it locks, you can open the trunk and close it and the system will lock it again. I use this feature with the horn chirp
to notify me when the car locks. It's not FOB related. It's timed after the last door shuts and it's around 5 to 10 seconds.

The hatch is just like a door. If the other doors are locked, it's locked. If they are unlocked, it's unlocked.
It's a door, not a trunk.

Eriamjh1138 said:
The hatch is just like a door. If the other doors are locked, it's locked. If they are unlocked, it's unlocked.
It's a door, not a trunk.

If the car is unlocked and the FOB is not present, the hatch will not open.
It's not a door, it's a hatch and it's not the same setup as a door :mrgreen:

Back