"My Chevrolet" APP

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portable

Supposedly once you pair your I-phone (SE) to your Bolt EV and have the "My Chevrolet" APP installed the lights will illuminate as you approach the vehicle and establish a pairing with your i-phone to the car even before you touch it?
I have not been able to find any info or get that to happen?
Am i missing something ?

portable said:
Supposedly once you pair your I-phone (SE) to your Bolt EV and have the "My Chevrolet" APP installed the lights will illuminate as you approach the vehicle and establish a pairing with your i-phone to the car even before you touch it?
I have not been able to find any info or get that to happen?
Am i missing something ?

Thanks for reaching out, portable! "Approach Detection" only works if you have the myChevrolet app running phone before you approach the vehicle. Apple does not allow connectivity with apps that are not running.

Please verify that Approach Detection is enabled and make sure they the app is running when you want to use this feature. If you're still having trouble with the app, please feel free to send me a private message. I'd be happy to look into this further on my end.

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I have the latest version of the "My Chevrolet " APP, and i don't see an option(to enable) for "Approach Detection" in the APP? I thought it might "sense" the phone with just the "My Chevrolet" APP running, but that is not the case. What am i missing ?

portable said:
I have the latest version of the "My Chevrolet " APP, and i don't see an option(to enable) for "Approach Detection" in the APP? I thought it might "sense" the phone with just the "My Chevrolet" APP running, but that is not the case. What am i missing ?

BoltEV17 beat me to the punch! Approach Detection is available through KeyPass. If you haven't yet setup KeyPass, feel free to send me a private message. I'd be happy to help walk you through the process.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back