Official Dealer Stock Thread - Who Has Uncommitted Inventory on Their Lot?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was worried myself about our new President killing the EV Tax credit. I noted today however that the CEO of GM, Mary Barra, is on Trump's policy advisory team. Given how much has been invested in EV's by domestic automakers, the impression such a move would make on domestic automakers' strategic plans, and what would be lost to potential foreign competitors and in foreign markets such as China, I am less concerned that it is in his best interests to kill the credit. He's a wildcard for sure but he's cagey and clever and would have something to lose but little to gain by trying to rejigger the tax code.

For one thing if he did so GM would lose a boatload, as GM keeps the credit for leased vehicles (at least for the term of the lease - it's complicated) and would have to eat that if Trump changes the game mid move.

I know how easy it is to have discussions slip into new directions (I do it myself). But if you (all) wish to have a (or several) political discussions, please create thread(s) in the off-topic area, where they can be ignored by those who don't care to participate, and available for those who do.

Thx.

(This is the "Official Dealer Stock Thread - Who Has Uncommitted Inventory on Their Lot?" thread)

PS: this is also not the "Tax planning or rebate" thread.

Rydell in Los Angeles shows about 50 in transit but none in stock. Keyes show the same plus two, I think, in stock.

Interestingly the car I've put a deposit on now shows up on Wilsonville's website (confirmed by VIN) so clearly cars on the websites are not uncommitted!

stevewa said:
Interestingly the car I've put a deposit on now shows up on Wilsonville's website (confirmed by VIN) so clearly cars on the websites are not uncommitted!

Interesting. I tried my vin on wentworths site earlier in the week and none of the bolts they listed matched.

It's probably worth a call to the dealerships now. My own does not show any Bolts in their inventory, though I know they have at least two coming next week (including mine). In fact it isn't even a model available as a search. All other models show even when they are out of stock. They probably need to go into their web site setup and click a box to add the Bolt.

FWIW, a dealership in Austin, TX claims to be getting cars on lot late January/early February. Prob too late for me, as my lease expires jan 27. but I put my name on the list to be notified. They said mid-January is when they'd know more.

Schnort said:
FWIW, a dealership in Austin, TX claims to be getting cars on lot late January/early February. Prob too late for me, as my lease expires jan 27. but I put my name on the list to be notified. They said mid-January is when they'd know more.

You might be able to extend your lease. Nissan has been doing this for the Leaf, I'm not sure about other cars... But worth asking.

There seems to be uncommitted inventory in Daly City at Stewart Chevrolet and in Petaluma at Team Chevrolet.

https://www.edmunds.com/inventory/srp.html?action=inventory&radius=25&zip=94901&make=Chevrolet&sub=Bolt+EV+Hatchback&year=2017&pricing=0&currentpage=1

I assume if they have a VIN that the car is in stock?

Oops! Never mind. In transit:

http://www.stewartcars.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new

You can even find Bolts on Autotrader, although when I exchanged email with Wilsonville Chevy, they didn't actually have a car.

I had the same problem. Looked up Chevy Bolts on AutoTrader, and even some local dealership sites, and everyone I contacted didn't even have any on their lot. They were pre-selling them, and with used-car sleazy style emails too.

There is one uncommitted at Wilsonville Chevy. Dark grey/dark grey, both packages and DCFC.

I went down there to put a deposit on it, but was told that they wanted a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit. I declined.

As I left, I told the Sales manager that he had just lost a customer, and as I walked toward my car, he ran in front of me, blocked my exit and became extremely aggressive so he could shout in my face. He may not know how close he came to a punch in the nose.

If you want to deal with these people, go get it, I won't be back there...

EldRick said:
There is one uncommitted at Wilsonville Chevy. Dark grey/dark grey, both packages and DCFC.

I went down there to put a deposit on it, but was told that they wanted a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit. I declined.

As I left, I told the Sales manager that he had just lost a customer, and as I walked toward my car, he ran in front of me, blocked my exit and became extremely aggressive so he could shout in my face. He may not know how close he came to a punch in the nose.

What no YouTube video! Thanks for the heads up. They are quickly becoming a dealership worth avoiding.

marshallinwa said:
EldRick said:

What no YouTube video! Thanks for the heads up. They are quickly becoming a dealership worth avoiding.

Odd that was not my experience at all, but I don't have the car yet either, so we'll see if they try to pull any shenanigans at signing time.

Have two on the lot not spoken for here in Oregon. 1 Premier MSRP $42,760 (silver) and 1 LT MSRP $39,690 (orange)

PM me for more details.. Can arrange delivery as well.

Thanks!
Brandon

According to my sales person, Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose just got a special allocation of 40 Bolts in last week.

I leased one of them on Sat 2/4/17 and I suspect that other people (like me) who were waiting for delivery of one were offered one of the 40 Bolts as well. So, no telling how many of these are still left.

Fremont Chevrolet has 40+ on the lot and 90+ in transit right now. The #1 dealer by volume and where the Bolt EV debuted and where Steve Wozniak of Apple picked his up.

Oh... and they have the lowest prices around.
If you live within 200 miles, consider it.

Back