Points of Interest (POI)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

New member here. Just got the Bolt. We had 2 Volts now down to One Volt (Gen 1 2013) and One 2017 Bolt.

I noticed on the POI on maps that the first selection is gas stations on the BOLT. Are there kidding us?? No Electric Charging Stations instead?

Also is there a way to change the way the map is displayed on Android Auto?

Mine is black and white at nigh I think.

Thanks for the help.

Woah, Hamilton, NJ... Is that the one up north or the one down here in the south? I'm in Galloway.

As for the POIs, that's totally Google. The day I got my bolt a couple weeks ago Apple released an update that added EV charging stations as a default search for EV vehicles in Apple Car Play. I don't remember if it still had gas stations as an option I do frequently look for a WaWa before leaving Philly for a Diet Coke and a snack but I usually am searching specifically for a WaWa.

You may still want to use Plugshare however. Since, even if the Apple has all the charging stations, it probably won't have the up-to-date user comments that Plugshare has. Chargers are often not working. And last summer I ran into a new problem that would have been avoided if I had read Plugshare more carefully. I was at a L2 station that only had 3.3KW and didn't really have an alternative station I could reach at that point :( .

Yeah, Plugshare is my go to. So far I've looked things up in advance via the website when scoping out a drive to decide which car to take.

Back