Pre-purchase questions re: rain sensor & pre-conditioning

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm a C Max Energi lessee who has the Bolt at the top of his list for a replacement vehicle.

However, I do have two questions for Chevy.

Rain-sensing wipers - there's a fuse for it indicated in the Owner's Manual (page 266), however there's no other mention of it. Does the Bolt have rain-sensing wipers or not?

Automatic preconditioning (as opposed to delayed charging) - Ford lets me set two "Go" times per day where, if the vehicle is plugged in, it will automatically precondition the interior to one of three selected temperatures (65°, 72°, or 85°) by the time I've set. So, if I'm leaving work at 6pm, the EV portion of the car will start cooling/heating the interior to my selected temperature ~15 minutes prior (as long as it's plugged in). Does the Bolt have a similar feature?

Looking forward to going full-BEV this time!

No, the 2017 Bolt doesn't have rain-sensing wipers as an option. Chevy hasn't announced 2018 model features or timing yet. You have Hi, low and adjustable intermittent wipers as your options.

Also, I'm not aware of any way to set up remote start/preconditioning on a scheduled basis. Not sure I would want that personally. What if you are delayed in departure or not on your normal schedule? Using the free MyChevrolet remote app and OnStar "basic" (which is included free for 5 years), you can precondition/remote start the vehicle at your convenience from anywhere in the world, as long as car is in cell coverage. It works well for me and I'm not wasting battery energy to precondition the vehicle when I'm not ready to leave yet.

I LOVE this car. Not perfect, but on balance the features and technology are a great first effort for Chevy. Hope you enjoy yours!

Back