Range, real world use case, etc.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoomit said:
My limited experience with chargers is that if I can't depend on them being available and functional, then they are virtually useless. More options are not necessarily better than fewer if those options are unreliable. They can lead you to make driving decisions that can leave you stranded, or at least causing delays or change your plans.

Well said. If you can't depend on the charger working and available it actually worse than not existing at all!

roundpeg said:
I could be wrong but I suspect chargers at Chevy dealers would be more reliable and accessible than chargers in parking garages

We already know from EVs in the field that this is indeed wrong. It is a common story for dealers to block their own charges with ICE cars. Heck there is a BMW dealer right down the road from me know that had a ChargePoint dual-head charger offline for months! I'm not even sure if it's working yet but it wasn't the last time I checked it out.

It does depend on the area you are in, but it's going to take a few years to get past this type of behavior on a nationwide basis.

ssspinball said:
We already know from EVs in the field that this is indeed wrong. It is a common story for dealers to block their own charges with ICE cars. Heck there is a BMW dealer right down the road from me know that had a ChargePoint dual-head charger offline for months! I'm not even sure if it's working yet but it wasn't the last time I checked it out.

It does depend on the area you are in, but it's going to take a few years to get past this type of behavior on a nationwide basis.

Okay, I will amend my statement to "should be." Dealerships might well be blowing this opportunity with their current EV products but that only points to a missed opportunity on their part. I guess I can still hope (if not expect) that Chevy will make a better effort than what you are seeing from your local BMW dealer.

Back