Rear License Plate Screws

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightning

I would like to use 4 screws to secure the rear license plate. This will help reduce the vibration when the rear door is closed. The bottom 2 "holes" are blanked off plastic pieces. Can I use these with a self tapping screw?

For informational purposes, I thought I would update my post. I answered my own question - the bottom 2 "blanks" pop out easily. I bought a license plate screw set from the local auto parts store and it came with extra plastic inserts. One gripe that I have, I had to add plastic washers behind the license plate to keep it from hitting the paint on the car. In the end, I now have 4 screws keeping the license in place and not clattering as the hatch is closed.

Most cars I have owned don't have the second set of screws on the bottom. I have always just added a strip of foam weather stripping which absorbs any excess motion and only cost a couple bucks for the same roll I have used on a number of cars over the years.

Back