Reflection on side mirrors

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freqflyer

Both of my side mirrors show reflections of the indoor dash - which is quite distraction and makes it harder to actually use the side mirrors. Do others have this issue any any way to fix it (other than maybe putting a black cloth on the light dashboard?)? Thanks.

flamaest said:
can you get a picture of this issue?
I'm guessing that the reflections aren't really from the side mirrors but rather are from the door glass through which the side mirrors are visible....?

Interesting, I never noticed that. Perhaps it's because I've got the darker interior color palette? Actually i can say that i HAVE noticed that the side mirrors on the Bolt are some of the better ones I've used being of decent size.

jostafew said:
Interesting, I never noticed that. Perhaps it's because I've got the darker interior color palette? Actually i can say that i HAVE noticed that the side mirrors on the Bolt are some of the better ones I've used being of decent size.

No, it's a reflection of the white dashboard plastic, which is the same regardless of interior color. I notice it rarely, when the sun is at just the wrong angle. Even when the reflection does appear, I'm able to see through it. It's a flaw/annoyance, but a very minor one for me.

phil0909 said:
jostafew said:
No, it's a reflection of the white dashboard plastic, which is the same regardless of interior color. I notice it rarely, when the sun is at just the wrong angle. Even when the reflection does appear, I'm able to see through it. It's a flaw/annoyance, but a very minor one for me.

And I see it almost all the time. From the white dashboard. Annoying.

Better yet, don't show me a picture because then I will start to see the issue... ha ha ! :)

Ok, now I see what you mean. I never noticed until I looked for it but you're right, you do see a noticeable reflection of the dash in both sides when looking in the mirrors. In my observation it's actually reflecting off the Windows, but I see what you're saying. Doesn't bother me though.

jostafew said:
Ok, now I see what you mean. I never noticed until I looked for it but you're right, you do see a noticeable reflection of the dash in both sides when looking in the mirrors. In my observation it's actually reflecting off the Windows, but I see what you're saying. Doesn't bother me though.

You had to look. :)

Not quite the same thing, but I did notice something else very similar. There is a reflection of sorts of the text that is on the window next to the side mirror which shows up on the inside of the dash in sunny weather. I guess this just happens to occur because the glass manufacturing information is imprinted on that glass surface. I think it's kind of annoying.

Back