Speedometer display options?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EldRick

Still haven't seen a Bolt in the flesh, but I'm wondering about the drivers display. It seems like that big bright white patch that includes the speedo would be a real night-vision killer when driving at night.

Are there any options for a night-mode on the drivers display?

EldRick said:
Still haven't seen a Bolt in the flesh, but I'm wondering about the drivers display. It seems like that big bright white patch that includes the speedo would be a real night-vision killer when driving at night.

Are there any options for a night-mode on the drivers display?

It will automatically switch to night mode which uses outlines on a black background when it gets dark/headlights are turned on. You can also make night-mode the default mode during the day (which I intend to do).

I set the dash to the night mode as default yesterday. It's much more appealing to me. Not really a fan of the other color options.

I also set the night color as my default. Perhaps, in the future they will update the software with some more pleasing options.

And maybe mute or minimize the darn vat of electrical juice while they are at it - that's looks like it is pretty bright at night too, and it does not need to be so large.

Uh the LCD screen uses virtually no power, even the headlights stay within the standard 1 kW of idle drain. Also black uses exactly as much power as white; only OLED screens save a tiny bit of power with dark colors but all of that is totally irrelevantly miniscule compared to a car's energy needs.

I'm not concerned about LCD brightness or power consumption, just that the driver display with, IMHO, poorly-designed graphics, puts a good deal of light in your face, which reduces visual contrast for everything else, particularly for those who wear contact lenses.
The silly vat of bright-green juice appears to have been designed by the Marketing department, rather than any competent ergonomic-graphic designer.

Back