Station features?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please keep in mind that maintenance/repairs are at the station owner’s discretion, however, our support and sales teams will happily work with the station owner to resolve the issue as soon as possible for drivers.

Herein lies the most important station feature: ownership. Unlike Tesla and EVgo, et al, ChargePoint is only a service, and it’s reliability is subject to the whims of station owners. This leads to a whole spectrum of stations from the reliable multiple QCs at Torontos’ airport to the seemingly abandoned QC mentioned above and many “decommissioned” L2s that may still work, or not. Decommissioning means the owner has dropped ChargePoints’ contract and the station is no longer monitored or listed in the app.

Therefore, I’d like to see ChargePoint begin to install their own, Tesla style, network of multiple, high powered QCs. This should be possible to roll out in California already, which seems underserved for the number of EVs there.

Relying on external ownership may share the business risk, but it can also relinquish control over your brands’ reputation.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Relying on external ownership may share the business risk, but it can also relinquish control over your brands’ reputation.

Very good point.
I both love and hate that Apple keeps pretty tight control over 3rd party developers. There’s less variety, but much more reliability.

I think I mostly love that model.

Back