Tesla 3 in wild??

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil0909 said:
Yes, it is pretty, isn't it? But it is a fantasy - Tesla is not capable of making it for under $50k, and won't get it to market before 2018 at the earliest. Oh well, it is a nice fantasy!

I agree on Model S - cool, but too big.

Like increasing numbers of people (not all, by any means) I prefer a practical car to a pretty one. So, the Bolt is a good design for me. Tesla's Model Y might be even better, if they don't ruin it with ridiculous bird wing doors. Of course, Model Y is an even more remote fantasy - by the time it comes to market, my Bolt will be ready for the graveyard, and quite possibly I will too! :twisted:

I'm with you. If I could lease a Model 3 now for rates comparable to Bolt prices yes of course I would. But I can't and probably won't be able to for years. Probably never since the $7500 will be long gone and I expect Model 3 sticker prices to be much higher than comparably equipped Bolts.

I'm getting a Bolt next month and will worry about my next car in three years

And yes. I have considered a used Model S but they are too big for me and I think there is risk of very expensive repairs

NeilBlanchard said:
If they continue at the ~16K / month rate, they will fulfill their deposit list in about July 2019.

I highly doubt they will continue at the 16K/month rate through July 2019. That's only 192K / year. They are targeting 500K/year rate by the end of 2018. Now, that will probably slip, but not by that much. I suspect that by July 2019, they could be up to the 500K/year (42K/month) rate.

Of course, they could end up ramping that slowly. History is not in their favor for meeting aggressive deadlines.

oilerlord said:
I have a wealthy client / friend of mine that I helped order a fully optioned-out Model X. He goes through cars like I go through laptops. We made a deal that gives me the first right of refusal when he decides to sell it. By 2020, there is the possibility that I may be the proud owner of a gently used 2017 white Model X.

Well, good luck with that. It's an impressive car in some ways. Though if you thought the Model S was too big and too heavy...

phil0909 said:
Well, good luck with that. It's an impressive car in some ways. Though if you thought the Model S was too big and too heavy...

It is, and so is the X. It isn't my dream machine by any stretch, but if the opportunity presented itself to pick up a gently used X for half price - I could be tempted. I know my wife would love it for sure.

SeanNelson said:
Maybe he wrote it based on what the stock was doing up to a couple of days ago?

Don't know. It was posted today. Looking a the three month chart, even at it's lowest point - the stock was up 20% since December, and 30% if you count what was happening today. I don't follow TSLA that closely but after I read the "story" I had assumed investors were fleeing for the exit and/or Wall Street threw in the towel. That wasn't the case.

Everyone with a phone or laptop these days is a "reporter" but there is a serious lack of editors.

oilerlord said:
phil0909 said:

It is, and so is the X. It isn't my dream machine by any stretch, but if the opportunity presented itself to pick up a gently used X for half price - I could be tempted. I know my wife would love it for sure.

Yes, I might be tempted too. And might give it to the wife.

Back