Tesla Model 3 - Specs released

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait until the remaining orderees of the Model 3 realize that the $7,500 federal tax credit will expire before most of them get one delivered and the current political climate in Washington is coal not electric!

How many more will cancel then?

MichaelLAX said:
Wait until the remaining orderees of the Model 3 realize that the $7,500 federal tax credit will expire before most of them get one delivered and the current political climate in Washington is coal not electric!

How many more will cancel then?
Well considering that Tesla won't pass the 200k US registered cars till sometime in 2018, they have over a year to get them in the hands of the customers and still qualify. Some have speculated at 10k/week, all of the current reservations could get something. But let's say your guess is correct and the general consensus is that anybody that reserves one in the last 6 months has no chance of getting anything, Why then do you think they net 1,800 new reservations a day? Certainly most of these people think like you do and are not expecting a dime in federal or state tax credit. What could possibly be the reason?

Dgodfrey said:
...Certainly most of these people think like you do and are not expecting a dime in federal or state tax credit. What could possibly be the reason?
I'm not so sure they realize this, especially given the fact that all EV manufacturers tout the credit in their advertising. I have a Volt and a Leaf and while I knew there was a limit to the credit I was unaware that Tesla was so close to it.

NWseamus said:
I'm not so sure they realize this, especially given the fact that all EV manufacturers tout the credit in their advertising. I have a Volt and a Leaf and while I knew there was a limit to the credit I was unaware that Tesla was so close to it.

Hey Seamus, welcome to the forum!

Tesla used to quote pricing "after" incentives. Take a look at the language on the Model 3 home page:

Model 3

Designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category, Model 3 achieves 220 miles of range while starting at only $35,000 before incentives.

Before incentives. It really is up to the buyer to find out what incentives may apply, or if they qualify for them. If people don't ask pre-sales questions, or know what their final price is - that's on them. Doesn't matter what car they buy.

oilerlord said:
NWseamus said:

Hey Seamus, welcome to the forum!

Tesla used to quote pricing "after" incentives. Take a look at the language on the Model 3 home page:

Model 3

Designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category, Model 3 achieves 220 miles of range while starting at only $35,000 before incentives.

Before incentives. It really is up to the buyer to find out what incentives may apply, or if they qualify for them. If people don't ask pre-sales questions, or know what their final price is - that's on them. Doesn't matter what car they buy.
Thanks for the warm welcome; great to be here! :)

And I stand corrected on Tesla's advertising. I stopped following the Model 3 after I cancelled my reservation months ago and missed the change. My bad :|

For some people, likely most people who can afford to spend $35,000+ on a new vehicle, tying up $1k to reserve a car just in case they want it is no big deal. There is a chance that the credit could get extended, so some may keep their reserved spot just in case. Since the deposit is fully refundable, nothing is lost except the interest that $1,000 could be earning.

I kinda wish I had reserved a couple cars and flipped them for a profit, after driving them for a couple weeks that is.

Back