Tesla Model 3 vs Chevy Bolt vs Nissan Leaf: Which Will Win The Affordable EV War?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carFlyer213

Another take on the long going battle between Chevy Bolt, Tesla Model 3 and Nissan Leaf.

General Motors says that the Bolt will have a range of over 200 miles and will include a quick-charge outlet that enables 30 minutes of charging to produce enough reserves to travel up to 90 miles.

The direct comparison reveals that the Nissan Leaf can only take you up to 124 miles on a single charge while the Model 3 will run 215 miles on single charge. Tesla give its vehicles about an 80 percent charge in about 40 minutes while Nissan rapid chargers provide up to 80% charge in 30 minutes on the 24kWh battery.

Tesla has offered the Model 3 with flexible interior space and slightly smaller than its other cars. It has a secondary storage space under the bonnet in addition to the bootspace. While the rear seats can be folded down to open up 66 inches of room.

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/22789/20161125/tesla-model-3-vs-chevy-bolt-vs-nissan-leaf.htm

Price tag and mileage range of the Chevy Volt will beat out the other two however the Tesla is probably a much nicer ride. I also thank goodness only if it's going to be a big Contender it has gotten some great reviews with its upgrades

Aidan said:
Price tag and mileage range of the Chevy Volt will beat out the other two however the Tesla is probably a much nicer ride. I also thank goodness only if it's going to be a big Contender it has gotten some great reviews with its upgrades

You mean Chevy Bolt, right? In that case, I agree.

Aidan said:

I too am assuming you mean Bolt and not Volt.

The price tag of the Leaf is several thousand lower MSRP. Even the most expensive fully loaded Leaf is cheaper than the bare-bones Bolt. Nissan is also offering some aggressive deals right now to take it lower still. The Bolt will not compete with the Leaf on price tag for a few years.

Now if you are talking about value, that is a different metric. Although the price point is higher, the Bolt clearly gives more bang for the buck.

Back