Topping off at home with hill top reserve set

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

BoltPals:

I have my home charging set up to use the hill top reserve, so the car charges to around 90% on the departure setting. I do that to preserve the battery long term, like I did with my Leaf. Probably not necessary, but there you have it. Now, some days I may want to do a full charge if I am traveling far. Can I just start the car charging again after the departure setting stops it to top off from the app? Or, do I have to go into the car and turn off the hill top reserve toggle?

It's in the manual. I believe that you simply have to plug-in, unplug, and replug in a short period of time, and it overrides the setting for that charge session.

I think that the 'unplug, then immediately replug' is for bypassing the 'delayed charging' setting. I don't know if that works for the hilltop reserve setting or not.

Anybody know?

BarfOMatic said:
I think that the 'unplug, then immediately replug' is for bypassing the 'delayed charging' setting. I don't know if that works for the hilltop reserve setting or not.

Anybody know?

This is correct. Unplug - replug will not change Hilltop Mode.

Back