Video review by Fast Lane Car

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

https://youtu.be/2tOLDwvfqbA

The Fast Lane Car finds the Bolt EV to be solid, quick, quiet, and it has ample regenerative braking. They say it's a practical five-seat 'normal' car.

I don't think I agree that the Bolt being FWD makes it a 'deal breaker' for everyone living in Colorado. I've lived on the prairies and FWD cars with good tires do great as long as the snow isn't too deep.

Also an interesting tidbit is that they say at full throttle (which I assume means full speed since the Bolt has a limiter) the range is 170 miles

I thought Roman would make the point that it's good for Colorado, because there will be no power fade a mile high. I'd think an electric vehicle would be an advantage there. And it's the first time I've ever heard FWD being called bad in snow. He should try commuting 5 winters in snowy MA in a RWD Miata with summer tires (I did - immense fun).

TFL is a fun site. Those guys always make reviews fun, and they tend to be fair and even. No, they didn't pay me to say that.

Back