Weathertech ... Soon

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email from Weathertech today:

"Thank you for your interest in WeatherTech.

The DigitalFit FloorLiners for the 2017 Chevy Bolt are currently being designed in our studio. The 1st row and 2nd rows should become available in approximately 6-8 weeks. "

Thats what they told me in january when i called them. I've been calling them every month until i got that supervisor of customer service that told me chevy dosen't sell enough units to justify making a 60K mold for them as of yet. maybe next year ?

I had weatherttech mats for my Nissan Leaf and thought they were great winter mats. I really liked how they are custom fit for the car. I thought that the grey floor mats that came with my Chevy Bolt were going to get ugly real fast (summer and winter) so this time I tried Tuxmat coverings. They are more upscale, all year floor coverings that are also custom fit for the car. Really happy with them, they look, fit and feel great. I wish Chevy spent a bit more on interior materials as lots of it looks like it will not stand the test of time.

We bought the rubber mats from Chevy for $139. They are not exactly what I would prefer - they don't have rubber up behind the pedals. But they should wear much better than the carpets.

NeilBlanchard said:
We bought the rubber mats from Chevy for $139. They are not exactly what I would prefer - they don't have rubber up behind the pedals. But they should wear much better than the carpets.

I like the Chevy mats for the Bolt just fine. Got them right after I leased my Bolt in Feb.

They were much better than expected and looked very much like the custom sized rubber mats that Weathertech use to make. The only make the custom molded vinyl mats and cut to fit rubber mats now.

I've got custom molded vinyl WeatherTech mats in my BMW and MB (front, rear and cargo/truck) and cut to fit rubbers in my F250. Just the OEM carpet mats in my MR2; never drive it in the rain.

I've bought WeatherTechs for almost all of my cars in the past -- going back 20 years or more -- but it's really not worth waiting for something to come from WeatherTech when there are perfectly good and properly sized rubber floor mats currently available from Chevy.

Chevy also has a cargo mat for the Bolt (as does WeatherTech) but I didn't want to buy either because I'd have to constantly remove it (along w/the false floor) to get at stuff below.

I just received the Weathertech liner for the bottom of my Bolt LT's trunk. It will be a great
deal better than the original covering for carrying bags of rocks, concrete, etc........

36665935144_d069dbf05c_b.jpg

They finally released floor mats for the Bolt! Only for the front seat, and only in black. Better than nothing. I ordered mine. There’s a lot of black trim even though I have the light interior.

Just got the Weathertech installed this weekend. Very nice materials and fit. The Weathertech liner for the driver's position locates very solidly on the two anchor pins provided in the floor of the car, I have no worries about these sliding around.

From the picture the Tuxmat looks to be made of less durable stuff but that may be optical illusion? It would have been nice had the Weathertech been able to cover more up the footrest than it does but it's still much better than the factory mats (none).

Back