Where to test drive? Apparently in CA, anywhere else? List it here

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchev

Seems like people are getting test drives all over California....

Where have you had a test drive?
Where can I find a place to test drive near Seattle, WA?

EVRay test drove last Saturday afternoon in the Bolt at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose

A commenter somewhere else sais they test drove an orange Bolt EV in San Leandro

This twitter user test drove at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, CA. https://twitter.com/tugrik/status/808819812877012992

mitchev said:
Seems like people are getting test drives all over California....

Where have you had a test drive?
Where can I find a place to test drive near Seattle, WA?

EVRay test drove last Saturday afternoon in the Bolt at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose

A commenter somewhere else sais they test drove an orange Bolt EV in San Leandro

This twitter user test drove at Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, CA. https://twitter.com/tugrik/status/808819812877012992

"All over California?" I'm in the San Diego area, and I'm not aware of anywhere I can test drive one in Southern California. The places you mentioned are all in the Bay area, 450-500 miles away. I'd really like to be able to test drive one because I'm teetering on the brink of just giving up the wait and getting a BMW i3 REX (tried one last weekend and really liked it). My Leaf went back at end-of-lease almost a month ago and I'm getting impatient with being carless.

I don't think you'll find anything closer than Portland, since the Bolts are only going to be available in Oregon and California at first.

Canada: On the Chevrolet.ca website there is a 'book a test drive' function which lists dealers near you, and allows you to choose the 2017 Bolt from the vehicle selector.

Not sure if that means those dealers actually have one in stock, or if that dealer then would reach out to you about ordering one in for testdrive/purchase?

My local Vancouver area dealership was listed to book test drives, so I contacted them and am waiting to hear back if they actually have any at their location.

Keyes Chevrolet in LA shows 2 in stock online, with a bunch 'in transit'.

I contacted them about a test drive and the internet manager is getting back to me....... more waiting :(

My take is that you will have to wait until this spring to test drive in the Puget Sound area.

So you are going to have to go to Portland to test drive a Bolt. Even in Portland, don't expect to test drive one until at least the middle of January.

Heard back from Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys.

As of right now the first truck load of new Bolt EV's are in tranit to the dealership, and we are pre-contracting on them, and they are going fast! When can you come in and secure your brand new Bolt EV?

Chevy will be heavily promoting the Bolt at the Portland Auto Show Jan 26th -29th.

While they will offer many vehicles for test drives at the show, on Friday the Bolt will be the ONLY Chevy vehicle offered for test drives.
It will also be available on the other days.

There is also a possibility that the first xxx (250?) that test drive the Bolt at the show will have a chance to win $5K towards the purchase or lease of one. Will post the details when/if that is finalized.

I test drove one at Novato Chevrolet in California on December 14th. Seems lots of local dealers got their demo units the day before.

klaus said:
Heard back from Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys.

As of right now the first truck load of new Bolt EV's are in tranit to the dealership, and we are pre-contracting on them, and they are going fast! When can you come in and secure your brand new Bolt EV?

When can you come in and secure your brand new Bolt EV?

That sounds so low class and used car salesman-like.

I test drove a Bolt at Novato Chevy also, but they won't let you drive it on the freeway. They want to sell the car and therefore want to limit the mileage they put on it, also their fast charger is broken.

JupiterMoon said:

Not quite as classy as a Chevy sales guy showing me a new Volt, and then telling me he's a new father (while showing me a picture of his kid), followed by "I could really use this commission".

oilerlord said:
JupiterMoon said:

Not quite as classy as a Chevy sales guy showing me a new Volt, and then telling me he's a new father (while showing me a picture of his kid), followed by "I could really use this commission".

LOL....wow....that's class right there.

Back