Which Bay Area dealerships to go to and which to avoid.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leodoggie

I had a very bad experience with Victory Chevy in Petaluma, but still want to buy a Bolt, so looking for dealerships that people would recommend for customer service, price etc.

I'd probably avoid F.H. Daily. I have a deposit in there at the moment and really not impressed with he communication of the sales staff. Took my money but will not return calls (any call). I know some here have received an order number which can be used to log in at the main Chevy site to see where in production the car is. F.H. Daily seems to know nothing about this and have been useless in helping. I currently have no idea if delivery might be in a week or 6 months. Frustrated.

MetaBolt said:
I'd probably avoid F.H. Daily. I have a deposit in there at the moment and really not impressed with he communication of the sales staff. Took my money but will not return calls (any call). I know some here have received an order number which can be used to log in at the main Chevy site to see where in production the car is. F.H. Daily seems to know nothing about this and have been useless in helping. I currently have no idea if delivery might be in a week or 6 months. Frustrated.

Go to Chevrolet.com and click on chat, give them your six digit order number and they will give you an update on your car. Relying on the dealership is a waste of time.

leodoggie said:
MetaBolt said:

Go to Chevrolet.com and click on chat, give them your six digit order number and they will give you an update on your car. Relying on the dealership is a waste of time.

This is the crux of the problem. I've given them $500 and they have give me a "Deal Worksheet". The only thing it has on it (outside of fees) is a "Deal #". When I call to request an order # (so I can go to the Chevy site) I'm given some long, complicated story about how they don't work that way.

MetaBolt said:
leodoggie said:
MetaBolt said:

This is the crux of the problem. I've given them $500 and they have give me a "Deal Worksheet". The only thing it has on it (outside of fees) is a "Deal #". When I call to request an order # (so I can go to the Chevy site) I'm given some long, complicated story about how they don't work that way.

I would suggest you get your deposit back, they sound untrustworthy.
If you live in the bay area go to Fremont Chevy, they have a lot of Bolts in stock. If you live in the LA Area go to Rydel chevy in Northridge. Good luck.

Fremont Chevrolet is also currently discounting Bolts by $1500 - not bad at all at these early times. They show the discount on their website. I am not affiliated with them in any way.

We also put down a deposit at FH Dailey. We have an order number. After checking this forum, I tried to get a date from the chevy.com chat, too, but the agent wasn't able to access the information. Nothing wrong with the order number. She said that sometimes they can get that information, sometimes they can't. This is a new option. She said to contact the dealer - that they would have the information. So, I did.

I emailed my salesperson at FH Dailey and got a quick response. He wrote that the car is built. He gave me the serial number. He didn't have an exact delivery date, but said it would be mid-February.

I'm very pleased with this dealer so far.... and looking forward to mid-February. Valentine's day?

I guess I should say that I'm not affiliated with FH Dailey in any way. My message might look suspicious because I just joined the forum. But, we didn't even know about this dealership until we started looking for a Bolt. And, I joined the forum because we're in that - put down a deposit, did we do the right thing? - stage. Saw the FH Dailey dis. Felt I should respond with our positive experience.

I went to Seaside Chevy. They were honest and delivered everything on-time. They may negotiate, but I wanted to be their #1 sale (to get the car in 2016 for the rebates/credits) so I paid MSRP.

Fremont is offering 1700 discount; was 1500 yesterday. Dublin is offering 1600. So far my conversations with Dublin has been most open and straightforward. Both of them open to e-mail conversations.

Momentum not so much when it comes to numbers :roll:
Capitol salesperson was just plain rude. :x

Planning to put in a deposit at Dublin this weekend for color and package options I am looking for. Thats's my summary so far.

We leased at Fremont and had pretty good service. I will be posting lease numbers in that forum. I had good communications with Concord Chevrolet but their price was not yet competitive. I had poor communications with F. H. Daley (unreturned emails, not reading previous emails when responding, etc.)

I HIGHLY recommend FREMONT Chevrolet in Fremont, CA.

The reason the rest of the country doesn't have any Bolts is they are all going to Fremont!

They have 47 physically in stock on the lot and 93 more VINs "produced and in transit" right now.

I walked in and leased one off the lot TODAY.
NO reservation or pre-order.
And it was EXACTLY what I wanted.

$1700 is automatic off MSRP ( through 3/3/17 ).

I was able to negotiate $2100 off MSRP on my lease when I agreed to buy the optional "damage waiver" protection for the life of the lease. Offically called "excessive wear and tear waiver"

I didn't know you could buy that.
With it they can not charge me for any "cosmetic" damage when I return the car. It also covers the tires. The coverage also adds 1600 miles to whatever mileage plan you get.
30,000 / 36,000 / 45,000 + 1600

LT with DCFC, C&C package, Driver Confidence Package = $382 for 35 months after rebates and discounts were applied. I put $2000 down today. 36,000 miles plus 1600 free bonus miles and Excessive Wear Waiver. With excellent credit they will do $0 down if you want.

I am one happy camper.
They also delivered the car fully charged.
232 miles was in the middle of the battery meter.
14 miles was on the odometer.

On my 25+ mile drive home at 65-70 mph I averaged 4.7 miles per kWh. The included 120 VAC plug is putting 5 miles per hour back on. I'm happy with that also since the manual says it's 4 miles per hour.

But I guess a kWh is a kWh no matter how you look at it. So being a conservative driver means you can put more than 4 miles per hour back in, since a kWh lasts longer for the conservative driver.

BTW I squealed the tires three times in my first 3 miles in "sport" mode. Dry asphalt. Once was when I was already going 30 mph behind a slow poke on a 45 mph street and punched it to pass.

Any car can squeal the tires from a stop. An object at rest tends to stay at rest. But squealing the tires accelerating FROM 30 mph is impressive.

I don't think I'll need sport mode very often!
:mrgreen:

gpsman said:
I was able to negotiate $2100 off MSRP on my lease when I agreed to buy the optional "damage waiver" protection for the life of the lease. Offically called "excessive wear and tear waiver"

Would you mind sharing the "excessive wear and tear waiver" package cost? Also, if you don't mind sharing, how much was the money factor for the lease? Thanks.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy the car!

Excessive Wear & Tear Waiver $995 (sounds like a lot and it is which is why I complained).

I was told they are not allowed to change the price of that, which is why they dropped the price of the car by $400 more dollars instead.
( = $595 Net for the waiver)

It "buys" you $400 of "extra miles" though too, if you think you may max out your mileage allotment. (1600 miles at $0.25 each)
The dealer is of course betting on you won't to get free money in their pocket. It's a game.

If you do max it out, the Net Cost of the waiver is $195. We thought that was an OK deal for piece of mind and not having to worry about an occasional scratch or spilled coffee stain.

MF 0.00072 (the lowest currently available) 1.728 % APR

Makes sense. Seems like buying waiver for rental cars. Thanks for the info. Did not know this was even an option :)

I just leased a Bolt LT from Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose. It is one of the larger Chevy dealers and is committed to selling the Bolt. Got a good deal and was well treated.

Been driving for over 50 years and have owned or leased over 60 different cars, trucks and motorcycles to date This was one of the better dealer experiences that I've ever had. Sales people are NOT on commission; salary only. No hard sell.

Kevin Rodriguez was my sales person. He was knowledgeable and responsive. I would recommend him and the dealership.

PS: Got a call yesterday telling me that the HOV stickers that the dealership ordered for my car came in and that they were going to mail them to me. So, I didn't have to wait for my plates and apply for the stickers myself. Woo hoo!!! :D

Hey guys,
My name is Robert Atwood, I am a Certified Technology Expert here at Dublin Chevrolet. 85% of the vehicles I sell are either EV's or Hybrids. I will beat any dealership's price and have a huge selection of inventory available. The numbers I give my customers are true and I don't inflate the Money Factor or play any number games like that. There will be no surprise fees or price increases when you come see me. We can agree to numbers online, and I will have the vehicle fully charged and detailed for you when you arrive, heck, I'll even deliver it to you so you never have to step foot in the dealership. Look for me on yelp. My customer's are very satisfied. I have even sold to members on this forum. Please feel free to call, text or email. You will not be disappointed.
Robert Atwood
(510)372-5663
[email protected]

Back