Why won't you let potential customers in the Bolt located at Epcot Test Track?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirlen

Over the past week my family and I were visiting Disney World and I had a suspicion that Chevy would have a Bolt at Test Track. Sure enough it was there, practically hidden in a corner, and much to my dismay, locked. I had hoped that I could have a chance to see how my family of 5 would fit in it because finding one to test drive let alone within 1-2 hrs of the house AND arranging a time for all 5 of us to visit a dealer has been nearly impossible.. We pleaded with the representatives tending to the cars but they said there was nothing they could do and would not be able to unlock it.

So, why is this car, 1, practically hidden in that area and 2, locked? We found this extremely frustrating. It's almost like you don't want this car to succeed.

epcot-bolt.jpg

As long as we're asking these kinds of questions, I'll add this one: why won't GM let us look in the trunk of the Bolt EVs that are displayed at auto shows?

SeanNelson said:
As long as we're asking these kinds of questions, I'll add this one: why won't GM let us look in the trunk of the Bolt EVs that are displayed at auto shows?
I was able to look in the trunk and the front hood when I was at the San Francisco Auto Show last year. The only thing lacking was the ability to turn the car on and see the displays, and the false floor in the trunk.

devbolt said:
SeanNelson said:
I was able to look in the trunk and the front hood when I was at the San Francisco Auto Show last year. The only thing lacking was the ability to turn the car on and see the displays, and the false floor in the trunk.
The Bolts I've seen have all had their trunks locked, and I've seen other posters comment on this as well. I had to try to peer in by folding down the rear seats.

SeanNelson said:

Just a guess...perhaps the same reason the trunk in the Ford Focus EV is usually locked at car shows. The tiny trunk isn't exactly a selling feature. There is good rear legroom in the Bolt but space behind the rear seats isn't much larger than a Spark EV.

Bolt EV:

Fo3hk3r.jpg

Spark EV:

2udjmrx.jpg

Spark EV has 9.6 cubic feet of cargo space compared to the 16.9 cubic feet of space in the Bolt EV. Bolt EV also has a deeper/longer trunk than that of the Spark EV.

Hi everyone,

We wanted to take the time to weigh in on this thread. We appreciate the interest in being able to fully interact with the Bolt EV that is on display at Test Track presented by Chevrolet. We recognize your frustration in not being able to open the vehicle and apologize for any disappointment this may have caused. As a result of your input, know that we will make the Bolt EV accessible to subsequent guests while the Bolt EV is on display at Test Track.

Our Bolt EV continues to rollout to Chevrolet dealerships across the country and is currently available for test drive at Bolt EV certified dealerships in several states. If you would like to research the Bolt EV further, or you would like to schedule a test drive, we recommend visiting chevrolet.com to learn more and to find your nearest certified Bolt EV dealer.

Additionally, we can always be reached via email at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
Lauren E.
Chevrolet Customer Care

That trunk you see in the picture IS NOT the REAL floor of the trunk.. That is the bottom of the trunk, and there is a cheap Styrofoam false floor panel that is inserted to make the REAL floor over that... The trunk is then VERY small, like to hold 3 paper bags of supermarket groceries...

ChevyCustomerCare said:
Hi everyone,

We wanted to take the time to weigh in on this thread. We appreciate the interest in being able to fully interact with the Bolt EV that is on display at Test Track presented by Chevrolet. We recognize your frustration in not being able to open the vehicle and apologize for any disappointment this may have caused. As a result of your input, know that we will make the Bolt EV accessible to subsequent guests while the Bolt EV is on display at Test Track.

Our Bolt EV continues to rollout to Chevrolet dealerships across the country and is currently available for test drive at Bolt EV certified dealerships in several states. If you would like to research the Bolt EV further, or you would like to schedule a test drive, we recommend visiting chevrolet.com to learn more and to find your nearest certified Bolt EV dealer.

Thank you for reporting that this policy at Epcot has been altered. We had to drive 1.5 hrs in order to simply test-fit our family in the car, something that could have easily been done at your display at Test Track. The slow roll-out of the Bolt definitely put a bad taste in our mouth and really does make it seem like GM is not committed to seeing this vehicle succeed. Due to our space requirements as well as vehicle availability we ended up purchasing a Tesla Model S 75D.

Mirlen said:
ChevyCustomerCare said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting that this policy at Epcot has been altered. We had to drive 1.5 hrs in order to simply test-fit our family in the car, something that could have easily been done at your display at Test Track. The slow roll-out of the Bolt definitely put a bad taste in our mouth and really does make it seem like GM is not committed to seeing this vehicle succeed. Due to our space requirements as well as vehicle availability we ended up purchasing a Tesla Model S 75D.

You are welcome, Mirlen. We regret to hear that we couldn't welcome you to the Bolt EV family. Rest assured that your feedback and comments have been documented within our systems for the awareness of the involved teams. We appreciate your outreach.

Best,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back