Will a Bolt get you off gas completely?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both, my current Leaf and my former Renault Fluence ZE (I'm from Germany) I always describe as "perfect 1st car for 2nd car owners".
With the upcoming Bolt (Ampera-e in my case) this will change. Here in Europe, where distances are simply smaller than in the US,
a 200 mile BEV car won't need a gas backup car.
I think it won't take longer than a year after I receive my Ampera-e that my wife will sell her Opel Corsa Diesel and get an EV herself, too.

In the last 2 years, I took her car only twice because of range issues. So yes, the Bolt will get me off gas completely.

It would do so for me, yes.

For my own driving, I never go on long road trips. The furthest I ever go is about 70 miles one way (once or twice a year I drive all the way into work).

If we got it for my wife, it would also work. The furthest we go is 160 miles one way to the beach, a few times per summer. There are fast charge stations on the way too. We also visit my parents a few times a year, 70 miles away.

Bolt wouldn't get me off gas. I love to drive....way beyond Bolt range. But I wouldn't drive the full range of Bolt, except in an emergency. With the ICE cars we have the Cascade Mountains, including Rainier, Baker, Glacier Peak, St. Helens, Adams Mountains, deep wildernesses.... & lots of near 3000 vertical slopes (since I'm alive, that's proof I don't climb). We got rain forests, we got deserts, we got ocean shores, inland seas, massive river flows. Finally, there are lots of nat'l & provincial parks in other states & up into Canada. I love our 2 Elantras, 1 Accent & 1 Ford Festiva & they'll be used to reach all those distant lands.

Back