Will the 2017 Chevy bolt have power windows ?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portable

They thought of almost everything most people enjoy in a car (not to mention its going to be a BEV). But i haven't read if it will have Power windows and Power seats yet ?

Power windows - yes
Power seats - unlikely

Power seats are HEAVY and take up valuable space (the juice they use is mostly irrelevant), and very few BEV's have them. You can find them in the bigger (and heavier) cars like the Mercedes B-Class and Tesla Model S/X. I think the only other BEV that offers them is the Ford Focus Electric (6-way drivers side only) and the FFE weighs more than the Bolt even with about 1/3 the battery capacity.

Your right, I have a 2013 ford focus electric. (can't stand the 76 at best per charge milage) my car has power windows and driverside power seat. I would give up 5 or 10 miles pr charge to carry those features around though. and with the bolt charging to 200-225 miles pr charge ,I can't wait.

I don't even know if you can buy a vehicle with manual windows anymore? When I went with to look at a Honda Civic for my niece they didn't have manual windows.... so my guess would be of course! Power windows on the Bolt for sure

I didn't know about the power window feature of Chevy Bolt. It's an interesting addition.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/samabuelsamid/files/2016/06/IMG_20160612_084008-1200x1200.jpg

heres a picture from another article about seeing the Bolt in the wild . If you look close you can see the electric window controls. Don't know about the heated seats or power seats yet?

portable said:
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/samabuelsamid/files/2016/06/IMG_20160612_084008-1200x1200.jpg

heres a picture from another article about seeing the Bolt in the wild . If you look close you can see the electric window controls. Don't know about the heated seats or power seats yet?
Heated seats: Yes
Power seats: No

I looked up the question does the Chevy Bolt EV have power windows as I was curious I'm not sure I would want all the bells and whistles in an electric vehicle as it just seems futile in taking away from the battery charge I didn't find any definitive info:(

I would want air conditioning but I could do without the power windows

I'm not sure why this is even a question. Who in their right mind would try to sell a $37,500 vehicle without power windows?

As for draw on the battery / range, the energy used to open/close windows is so minor that it will only reduce your range by a matter of feet. Unless of course you are constantly opening/closing your windows while you drive?

klaus said:
I don't even know if you can buy a vehicle with manual windows anymore?

The 2016 Hyundai Elantra(under $13,000), had power windows. Possibly, the Chevy Spark or cheapest model of the Nissan Versa may still have manual windows. With a narrow 2-door coupe, I would like manual windows. But, in a wide 4-door car, 4 manual windows are impossible to get at from the drivers seat.

If the power windows are going to use a substantial amount of battery I could do without

Tessy said:
If the power windows are going to use a substantial amount of battery I could do without

Power windows wouldn't even make the top 50 list of itemized energy use in this car. Unless you are a weirdo that puts all the windows up, down, up, down continuously the entire trip. :p

ssspinball said:
Tessy said:

Power windows wouldn't even make the top 50 list of itemized energy use in this car. Unless you are a weirdo that puts all the windows up, down, up, down continuously the entire trip. :p

Really??... good to know because I read two reports where it said that power windows would effect the battery life.. this is a good site for information :D

DucRider said:
Tessy said:
... I read two reports where it said that power windows would effect the battery life...
By the Koch brothers?

Sorry I don't know. My news app gives me a lot of EV information and I read it when I'm waiting for the kids after practice etc

Back