Woz likes his new Bolt...

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2112

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/26/roadshow-the-woz-and-his-cars-are-backl

TLDR:
I abandoned the Prius for a Tesla two or three years ago. I love our new Bolt and use it for almost all of my own driving now, including a recent road trip to Anaheim. I figured I’d share my driving between this and our Tesla but I’m using the Bolt almost exclusively.

This car is nice to drive, small, light, easy. It feels like the Prii I drove. Now I’m sort of back to the Prius because that’s the feeling I get from the Bolt — easy and convenient all the time. I still think highly of the Prius and it was the major go-to car of my life for 10 years. The Prius had more luggage space and I could carry two Segways in it but I’m not often taking Segways in my cars anymore, and the Bolt is easier to park anywhere than the Prius was. Both of those cars are easier to park than the Tesla.

I could easily wind up someday with a full-EV Prius. That’s what I’m doing these days. Full EV. Tesla, Bolt, Segway.

SeanNelson said:
dan2112 said:
TLDR:
...That’s what I’m doing these days. Full EV. Tesla, Bolt, Segway.
I find it amusing that he's making all his trips with electric power, even the ones where he could just walk...
I like Woz and in many ways there are parallels in our lives (we both built the same Hallicrafters ham radio at 11), but the fact remains that he has been outside of mainstream relevancy ever since he designed and upgraded the Apple //, which remains his greatest achievement!

I had a big laugh in the Steve Jobs movie when the Seth Rogan played Woz character keeps nagging Jobs to give credit to the "Apple ][" team!

There was NO Apple ][ team: Woz designed it at home, and they built the first batch of them in Jobs' family garage! The rest was history...

True, Woz has more of a cult following of Apple devotees than anything else. But, at least he's a somewhat known person who is promoting EVs. It certainly can't hurt to have his opinions getting aired.

Nagorak said:
True, Woz has more of a cult following of Apple devotees than anything else. But, at least he's a somewhat known person who is promoting EVs. It certainly can't hurt to have his opinions getting aired.
Good point: he is a good ambassador!

Back