IBoost tapping issue

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevel

I Just bought a pre-owned bolt. 2017. I am loving the car, but I have the tapping/clicking issue that I have seen described in several places on the internet (including this forum).

As I said, I've read about it, and I am quite sure that I have the ticking issue from the bosch Iboost unit that is part of the braking system.
(It starts when I open the door, stops when I touch the brakes, etc.)

I understand that it's not supposed to be a safety issue, but I would love to get rid of it.
Has anyone heard any news about the software update that is supposed to be coming out to resolve this?
I've contacted gm and left a message at the local dealer, but no one has replied yet.

Thanks for any info.

We've had ours since 2017, but same issue, also hoping someone has heard something. The tapping is getting pretty annoying - seemed to crop up in the last year so I guess there's some mechanical wear/age aspect to it? I hope that there is a software fix and that maybe it can be done at the same time as the battery fix - haven't gone in for that yet as we only ever charge in hilltop mode which I believe is basically what the interim recall battery fix is. Seeing some other hints that a permanent battery fix may not be a thing any time soon though. Anyway, any info about the tapping situation would be most welcome.

My car is at Chevy now. They are supposed to be applying the update. I will post here when I get it back as to whether or not it worked.
:)

Got the car back. They listed two different software updates that they did to the brake control module:
SPS#28BN65017181 & SPS#28BN65016425
No idea what these are.
It's possible that the ticking has changed a little bit. (It might be persisting for a shorter period of time.) but it certainly hasn't gone away.
My guess is that they don't have a fix for this issue yet, and the technician just applied whatever fixes they had for the brake control system.

Back