Moving on, but loved my Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVdriver581

I recently sold my 2017 Bolt Premier back to GM because of the battery problem. I thoroughly enjoyed my Bolt and I was going to purchase the refreshed 2022 model, but was disappointed that it isn't coming with the new Ultium battery system. Additionally, I don’t like the new taillight configuration, nor the fact that they didn’t follow the Bolt EUV rear hatch design and eliminate those sharp points that have drawn blood several times. Little things I know, but that’s just me. So, it’s on to the Tesla Model 3. The Tesla charging network is so much better than the multitude of charging companies “regular” EV drivers have to put up with and the majority are just level 2…if they are working when you get there. And just one app on my phone!

It’d been great being on this forum. You folks take care and be Safe!

Robert

How many Bolts are being bought back? Seems like a lot. GM keeps secrets though.

People like their Bolts, but the Niro spanks it:

rlneDVx.jpg

" The Tesla Model S and Model 3 were the top ranked premium EVs with scores of 798 and 790, respectively."

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01/chevy-bolt-ev-ranks-second-in-j-d-powers-new-electric-vehicle-experience-study/

One more thing to add about the JD Power GM Authority statements on the Bolt:
They say the Tesla Model 3 isn't "mass market" like the Bolt or Niro or Leaf is, so they didn't include it in the graph, even though the Model3 scored much higher than any of the others. Now, the Model 3 sold about 200k in 2020, and the Bolt sold 20k, so which is "mass market"? Just seems strange they put Tesla in a different category even though they sell soooo many of them.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01/chevy-bolt-ev-ranks-second-in-j-d-powers-new-electric-vehicle-experience-study/

By the way, I have a very nice front set of WeatherTech mats and an all-weather 3D Maxpider Kagu rear mat, free to anyone who wants to come get them in Chester, VA.

Please let us know the financial details of your Tesla 3 purchase, and how much was "stripped down" from its $65K model to make it financially satisfactory to you.

BoltEV said:
Please let us know the financial details of your Tesla 3 purchase, and how much was "stripped down" from its $65K model to make it financially satisfactory to you.

He did say "Tesla Model 3", not "model S". I just checked, and the "standard range plus" model 3 is a tad over $30K (30,690), and not $65K.

SparkE said:
He did say "Tesla Model 3", not "model S". I just checked, and the "standard range plus" model 3 is a tad over $30K (30,690), and not $65K.
I just checked, and the Tesla Model 3 "standard range plus", their cheapest one, has a $38k MSRP. Are you saying you can get one for $8k off MSRP? I didn't know that. I thought Teslas just went at MSRP, unlike other makes who haggle of course.

I went to the tesla.com web site, and clicked "order now". That was the price that popped up. It might be because I live in CA and maybe there is a discount / rebate from the state that is automatically applied.

At any rate, FAR from the $65k someone stated.

SparkE said:
I went to the tesla.com web site, and clicked "order now".
Wondered about that, so I went to tesla.com. ......... Tesla pulls some weird shee-at on their website when it comes to pricing. The Tesla Model 3 is still a great deal at it's cheapest base price, no doubt though.

I see a strange "Gas Savings" applied to the purchase price, a whopping $4,300, which I think simply means thats what you might save over many years in gas vs. electrons. Odd to see this on a price calculation on tesla.com:

WKWzi1T.jpg

Colorado state incentives are at $2,500 right now. The "Gasoline savings" is really a maintenance/energy per-mile cost they should not include in the purchase price of course.

Yup. I didn't notice. The price I posted was "potential savings" (the default) and not "purchase price" ($38500). Sneaky bastards.

SparkE said:
BoltEV said:
SparkE said:
...At any rate, FAR from the $65k someone stated.
SparkE said:
Yup. I didn't notice. The price I posted was "potential savings" (the default) and not "purchase price" ($38500). Sneaky bastards.
I mention apples and you do research on oranges:

Historically the Model 3 was released on a limited production basis, and that model was sold to those willing to pay for about $64,000.

Years later, when production allowed more mass demand for sales to be satisfied, a version of the Model 3 was "stripped down" that is, lower battery capacity and slower acceleration, among other missing features, to get the price below $40,000; so, yes, you can currently order a "stripped down" version for less money than the "fully loaded" model.

https://insideevs.com/news/343373/teslas-confusing-price-changes-heres-a-chart-of-the-adjustments/

I was asking the OP to provide the details of his purchase so we could see how it compares in real life.

My "fully loaded" 2019 Chevy Bolt EV cost me $36,500 out the door, including California sales tax and license on July 31, 2019 (federal and state incentives not included).

Back