The included 120v Charging Cable

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff3948

What is the length of the 120v charging cable that comes with the Chevy Bolt? The Chevy chat website did not know the answer after researching it. It's not in the Bolt manual and I could not find it here or on Google after extensive seaching. I'm wondering if a Bolt owner could please measure it and let me know the real length of it? Thanks.

Since no one at Chevy or here was able to answer my question about the length of the included 120v charging cable, I continued my search and found a vender that had a Bolt 120v charging cable OEM replacement for sale and they say it's 21 feet 5 inches long. Source: http://www.audiovideo2go.com/chevy-bolt-charger-oem-2016-or-2017-120v/

Are you planning on buying one?

I would recommend the AV TurboCord as an admittedly more expensive alternative, but is easily 120v/240v and higher amperage.

SparkE said:
And the length of the TurboCord?
Actually he was asking about the GM charger included with the Bolt EV, so he is probably not in the market to buy another; I was!

I originally used my included GM charger in my garage to charge at 120v for 6 months until I finally upgraded to 240v. Now it sits collecting dust.

I included the original GM charger in this photo so you can get a relative sense of the cord length. Feel free, SparkE, to drive on down with a tape measure and let us know their lengths! They look pretty close!

Here are all of the charging accessories that I carry in my Chevy Bolt EV, except of course for the original GM Charger (from upper left):

The AV TurboCord carrying case

Three 240v adapters (14-50, 10-30, 6-30)

6" 120v extension cord

Masking tape

25' 120v extension cord

6' 240v extension cord

TurboCord

GM Charger

Attachments

• IMG_5252.JPG
    IMG_5252.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 7,821
Back