2018 Chevrolet Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photoflow

Hi all-

Not sure if this was already posted, but didn't see it anywhere, so I thought to post this link for those wanting to know about updates to the 2018 Bolt. From this article, seems not many changes at all, I think that's to be expected.

http://thenewswheel.com/chevrolet-bolt-ev-remains-relatively-unchanged-for-the-2018-model-year/

Curious to hear opinions on how the upcoming release of the 2018 will affect the pricing of the unsold 2017 models, as I'll be in the market to purchase a Bolt soon. At the local dealer this week, they have a 2017 Premier with about $4k discounted from the MSRP of $44k. I guess usually the new model allows dealers an incentive to negotiate price on the older model in order to move them out of inventory.

Another question regarding the Costcoauto.com program . . . how do I go about negotiating the price with the dealer when Costco offers a discounted price, too? When I logged in and looked at the Costco invoicing suggestion, it looked to be $3k savings off the MSRP. Shouldn't the discount be calculated off the dealer invoice price rather than the MSRP?

dlong2 said:
Curious to hear opinions on how the upcoming release of the 2018 will affect the pricing of the unsold 2017 models, as I'll be in the market to purchase a Bolt soon. At the local dealer this week, they have a 2017 Premier with about $4k discounted from the MSRP of $44k. I guess usually the new model allows dealers an incentive to negotiate price on the older model in order to move them out of inventory.

Another question regarding the Costcoauto.com program . . . how do I go about negotiating the price with the dealer when Costco offers a discounted price, too? When I logged in and looked at the Costco invoicing suggestion, it looked to be $3k savings off the MSRP. Shouldn't the discount be calculated off the dealer invoice price rather than the MSRP?

The incentives adjust depending on the remaining availability in that region. In general I have found the last week of the year to be a great time to purchase, if any are left of whatever you are trying to buy.

The Costco program simply gives you "supplier price" for the car. You can find supplier price at the link below if you "build" the car the way it is configured. In addition, Costco gives you a "Costco cash card" if you pre register and purchase using that number. ($700 or $300 depending on your membership level)

It is only recently (September?) that GM seems to have started allowing GMS (Family) or GM supplier price discounts to be applied to the Bolt. When I leased in June it was not yet allowed.
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/

dlong2 said:
Curious to hear opinions on how the upcoming release of the 2018 will affect the pricing of the unsold 2017 models, as I'll be in the market to purchase a Bolt soon.
The differences in the models are so trivial that I strongly doubt you'll see much effect on 2017 pricing. Certainly not here in Canada where the cars are in such scarce supply.

I was waiting for news about the 2018 before committing to a purchase, and when I found out how minor the changes are I jumped on the first 2017 Bolt that became available with the colour and options I wanted.

I suspect this will be the last year to get the $7,500 tax credit. So if you have enough tax liability to use up the tax credit, you may want to make that purchase quickly if you are planning to buy and not lease.

December of last year showed a strong increase in sales of EV over the previous months. I would expect it to be the same for December of this year with the expiration of the tax credit under the Republican tax cut proposal.

I've been in the market for a Bolt EV for only a week or so, and not getting much luck with inventory. A dealer confided in me today that in all of California there's only 17 Premier models available. Another dealer told me there's yet no dealer word on when the 2018's will arrive, that they are still in production.

One somewhat local dealer is writing up a sales for me for tomorrow, but said the Costco Preferred only gets me $1600 off MSRP, while a dealer in San Jose said the average is $3500.

dlong2 said:
I've been in the market for a Bolt EV for only a week or so, and not getting much luck with inventory. A dealer confided in me today that in all of California there's only 17 Premier models available. Another dealer told me there's yet no dealer word on when the 2018's will arrive, that they are still in production.

One somewhat local dealer is writing up a sales for me for tomorrow, but said the Costco Preferred only gets me $1600 off MSRP, while a dealer in San Jose said the average is $3500.

Since Rydell chevy shows 31 LTs and 25 Premiers in stock as of today, I would tell your dealer to take a leap.

Allen Gwynn, who sold us two Volts and a Bolt at a very attractive price shows 19 LTs and 23 Premiers.

etc etc etc

Thanks for the leads! I was only looking in the Northern California market. Rydell's up-front discounts look really good. Allen Gwynn's listings are 'in transit' which I see in the North, too.

michael said:
dlong2 said:
Since Rydell chevy shows 31 LTs and 25 Premiers in stock as of today, I would tell your dealer to take a leap.
In my experience those "in stock" listings are often in transit and not actually on a dealer's lot. And if you're in a supply-constrained market like I am here in Canada, they'll typically be already spoken for - so even when they finally arrive they're not available for sale.

dlong2 said:

You'll get the best deal by locating the car you want then walking into that dealership. You'll also get $500 rebate from PG&E, plus $700 from Costco if you're an executive member. The $400 bump for executive members is worth the $120 cost of upgrading your membership.

Look at what other deals people have made here, identify EXACTLY what you want to pay, then walk into the dealership and tell them what you'll sign. It'll be up to them to build you the deal you want or you walk.

I'm a couple hours south of you. I walked into Arroyo Grande Chevy and pointed out the car I wanted. I said I'd take it for $360 a month with zero drive off. Call me if you can do it. He called me 30 minutes later and offered $369 a month @ 15k miles a year. I said I'd be there after work to sign, please charge it up. Easiest car buying experience ever! In my favor, I'm a costco member AND I'm currently leasing a Mazda. I got a discount for both of those things. Know what discounts you qualify for. I'm sure I didn't make the best deal in the world but I'm happy with it. It definitely beat the hell out of the online build-a-car deal that the Chevy app offered.

SmokingRubber said:
dlong2 said:
I walked into Arroyo Grande Chevy and pointed out the car I wanted. I said I'd take it for $360 a month with zero drive off. Call me if you can do it. He called me 30 minutes later and offered $369 a month @ 15k miles a year. I said I'd be there after work to sign, please charge it up.
What a great dealer experience! Congrats!

This AM I called the local dealer to inquire on 2018 rollouts, and he said he checks every day, and ran a check while I was on the phone and reported still no news. I then asked when would he expect to see 2018's to be delivered. He said probably by late December or early January.

Back