Canadians - post your order details!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PMo said:
New to this forum. Just got my Orange Premier Bolt. Placed the order mid January at Roy Foss in Thornhill. Car was here by end of July. It took two weeks more as I was out of town. Two days in - love it. Have already found free Level 2 chargers close to home. In these ideal weather conditions (low 20s) - a range of 450-500 km looks possible. So far I have averaged less than 12 kW per 100 km. The seats are a bit tight - but they are not as bad as some people claim they are (I'm 6' 3'', 220).

Love the LCD screens. Only thing I don't like is the absence of Google maps on Apple carplay. Thinking of using an older Android phone, along with built in 4G.

Congrats! I ordered through Roy Foss Woodbridge with a Jan order date as well. How long did it take from the day it was built until it arrived at the dealership?

I lucked out today.
Someone over on Canadian Bolt Owners Facebook group posted about an available allotment for a 2017 at a Gatineau dealer. Called them early in the morning, by afternoon I payed a deposit over the phone and placed an order for a 2017 Bolt Premier, Nightfall Grey, Infotainment and Confidence Packages. Should be delivered around November, maybe October. Someone will actually drive the car halfway through and meet me in Belleville for delivery.

burlingtoncouple said:
Called GM today for an update and was advised that our Bolt was built on August 4th! The wait is coming to an end. Looks like the outstanding CDN orders are finally being processed.

Took delivery of our Bolt Premier this evening. Relatively smooth and painless process to take delivery, after the rough and paInful order to build process!

Our drive home tonight was our first time driving the Bolt (we purchased after sitting in it and speaking GM engineers at the Toronto autoshow). In fact, this is our first experience driving a an EV, or even a hybrid. I did not know what to expect. My honest first reaction is very impressed!

burlingtoncouple said:
burlingtoncouple said:
Called GM today for an update and was advised that our Bolt was built on August 4th! The wait is coming to an end. Looks like the outstanding CDN orders are finally being processed.

Took delivery of our Bolt Premier this evening. Relatively smooth and painless process to take delivery, after the rough and paInful order to build process!

Our drive home tonight was our first time driving the Bolt (we purchased after sitting in it and speaking GM engineers at the Toronto autoshow). In fact, this is our first experience driving a an EV, or even a hybrid. I did not know what to expect. My honest first reaction is very impressed!

That's great to hear you've finally taken possession of your Bolt. We are in the same boat - we only sat in the Bolt at the Toronto auto show and have never driven it either. Looking forward to that experience. Ours was built on the 14th and we are approaching the 3 week point for delivery. Keeping fingers crossed for this coming week.

I had a call from my local dealer where I have a Bolt LT on order since May saying that they just got in a Black Bolt Premier that is unsold. I could not talk my wife into paying $495 for the black paint that we didn't want. The dealer was going down the list of customers that have a Bolt on order to see if anyone wanted it. I was top of the list but looks like I will be waiting until 2018.

Royston said:
I had a call from my local dealer where I have a Bolt LT on order since May saying that they just got in a Black Bolt Premier that is unsold. I could not talk my wife into paying $495 for the black paint that we didn't want. The dealer was going down the list of customers that have a Bolt on order to see if anyone wanted it. I was top of the list but looks like I will be waiting until 2018.

What was the sale price if you don't mind me asking? Or did you not get into the financing? Interested to know if they're inline at all with msrp, but I won't be buying till January or later.

Royston said:
There has never been any mention of any sort of discount. MSRP was $51695 I think.

That sounds about right for a loaded premier MSRP but .......

In BC there's $5,000 CEV government incentive off point of sale and a $6,250 "scrap it" incentive which have run out for the year. Most of the advertising I've seen is like 38,900 for an LT with an option or 2 but that's after 11,000 worth of incentives are taken of the "sale" price of 49,900 or something, well over an LT's MSRP of 43k +++, so you go to see the advertised 39k car but since there's no scrapit left it's actually 44k and oh ya the dealers keeping the 5k CEV program bonus :shock: .

So that 52k MSRP should have a 5,000 reduction to it for the CEV program incentive but the dealers probably taking that rather then jacking up the price.

And to top it all off that advertised car doesn't actually exist so you'll need to factory order your price gouged bolt that you won't get for 6 months anyway.

In reply to IMadolt, the reason I posted was because this car does exist and is for sale. Of course there is $5000 BC EV rebate off that price. Any other discount would have to be negotiated and as this is probably the only one available in BC right now, good luck. This dealer also has a LT but they are not selling it. It is just used to demonstrate to get more orders. The BC scrapit plan does work for me as I have Prius that the Bolt will replace.

Royston said:
In reply to IMadolt, the reason I posted was because this car does exist and is for sale. Of course there is $5000 BC EV rebate off that price. Any other discount would have to be negotiated and as this is probably the only one available in BC right now, good luck. This dealer also has a LT but they are not selling it. It is just used to demonstrate to get more orders. The BC scrapit plan does work for me as I have Prius that the Bolt will replace.

Well that's just it, a lot of dealers are currently advertising a price already including the available rebates so it's deceptive, if they're selling a premier for $46,695 then that's not bad.

Remember "scrapit" is done for the year so you can't utilize that until January unless you already applied and got a scrapit incentive on hold, but they expire. You also can't buy a car this year and apply for scrapit next year, apologies if you already know this.

Back