Daylight Saving Time charging start time

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grestep5621

Not a big item, but it would be great if the Bolt were Daylight Saving Time aware and start the departure time charging 1 hour earlier on the night before. That way it would end at the proper time the next day instead of 1 hour later than the departure time.
So for example I have the charging time set to departure time of 5am so that I can use the lowest electric charging rate, but on 3/12/2017 the charging cycle ended at 6am. Not a problem on the end of Daylight Saving Time as the cycle will end 1 hour earlier.

I just checked and the car reset itself to the correct time automatically. There is no Daylight Savings Time option. The car just knows where it is if you tell it automatically keep the time.

flamaest said:
I just checked and the car reset itself to the correct time automatically. There is no Daylight Savings Time option. The car just knows where it is if you tell it automatically keep the time.
I assume that the car gets the local time from its cellular connection, just like phones do.

It does get time from the cell connection when powered on. Unfortunately it does not update the clock until you power it up. I do know that the Bolt is still awake during the charge cycle, but whatever gets the time from the cell connection doesn't function until power up. Same thing happens on power down. If you power down, but do not open the driver door the display will stay on, but the clock will not update.

grestep5621 said:
Not a big item, but it would be great if the Bolt were Daylight Saving Time aware and start the departure time charging 1 hour earlier on the night before. That way it would end at the proper time the next day instead of 1 hour later than the departure time.
So for example I have the charging time set to departure time of 5am so that I can use the lowest electric charging rate, but on 3/12/2017 the charging cycle ended at 6am. Not a problem on the end of Daylight Saving Time as the cycle will end 1 hour earlier.

Good morning, grstep5621,

I can definitely add this improvement suggestion to our systems for the awareness of my teams. We're always looking to improve the Bolt EV, and your feedback is greatly appreciated! Let me know if you have any additional questions/concerns.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back