Dublin vs. Fremont vs. Capitol (SJ) Deals

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegpie

Thoughts on these lease deals? Dublin and Fremont have $3000 off MSRP. Down payments are pretty high.

Dublin: $265/MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS. $3995 DUE AT SIGNING + $2,500 CCR-CHEVROLET REBATE
http://www.dublinchevrolet.com/Special/new/2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-all-Bolt_EV___Lease_for_$265/month-Dublin-CA/88921500

Fremont: $255/MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS. $3995 DUE AT SIGNING
http://www.chevroletoffremont.com/Special/new/2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-all-Bolt_EV___Lease_for_$255/month-Fremont-CA/89646880

San Jose (Capitol): $239/MONTH for 36 MONTHS. $4999 DUE AT SIGNING
http://www.capitolchevysj.com/no-brainer-deals/

Looks like below $400 a month all in.

Saw the car at the auto show. Once the lease breaks $300 a month all in I think they'll have a real winner.

Just because the lease they quote includes a down payment doesn't mean that's the only option. Ask them to quote a zero drive away lease.

tedkidd said:

Saw the car at the auto show. Once the lease breaks $300 a month all in I think they'll have a real winner.

Don't forget that CA also has a $2500 rebate on EVs, which makes the numbers look a little bit better.

Nagorak said:
tedkidd said:

Don't forget that CA also has a $2500 rebate on EVs, which makes the numbers look a little bit better.

I don't understand how this 'makes the numbers look better'. The $2500 rebate is sent to the driver, not the dealership - so the lease numbers shouldn't be affected at all.

SparkE said:
Nagorak said:
tedkidd said:

I don't understand how this 'makes the numbers look better'. The $2500 rebate is sent to the driver, not the dealership - so the lease numbers shouldn't be affected at all.

Exactly, it reduces your overall payment over the lease period. So "all in" it's effectively closer to $300 a month, rather than $400 a month.

Example: 239 * 36 + 5000 vs 239 * 36 + 5000 - 2500

No, it doesn't reduce your payment at all - you get a check for $2500.

And you'd get the same check for a LEAF or a Tesla or an i3. I don't see what it has to do with comparing lease deals on a Bolt, between 3 different Bay Area dealers. I'm lost.

Damn. Now I'm not going to be able to enjoy that $2k check when NY sends me it - it's just a check, not a reduction in the lease cost. ;-)

Anyone know if the $3000 dealer discounts that dublin & fremont chevy are advertising applies to either trim (LT & Premier)?

I assume it applies on the LT, but I'm looking at a leasing a Premier

Nagorak said:
SparkE said:
Nagorak said:

Exactly, it reduces your overall payment over the lease period. So "all in" it's effectively closer to $300 a month, rather than $400 a month.

Yes, net monthly COST not CASH FLOW which is irrelevant as comparable. So deduct that $70 per month - $330 a month.

Recently drove the car, really like it for under $300 mo. I think when they start netting at $250 a month they'll be a killer deal. I hope they get there, and hope I'm right that they'll sell like hotcakes at that level.

Another poster here reported $4160 off msrp plus $3500 incentive on a lease in Los Angeles. Rydell website is also showing $3500 incentive so that's probably for real

I think I'm in at that price

tedkidd said:
Nagorak said:
SparkE said:

Yes, net monthly COST not CASH FLOW which is irrelevant as comparable. So deduct that $70 per month - $330 a month.

Recently drove the car, really like it for under $300 mo. I think when they start netting at $250 a month they'll be a killer deal. I hope they get there, and hope I'm right that they'll sell like hotcakes at that level.

I guess it wasn't obvious - I was looking at this as a "Dublin vs. Fremont vs. Capitol (SJ) Deals" discussion (the thread title). As such, the CA rebate doesn't make the lease numbers look any better when comparing between dealers - you get the same rebate no matter which dealer you buy from. The rebate doesn't make the lease from any one dealer better than another dealer's.

Back