Expected month for "build it" website configurator?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssspinball

Anyone have any guesses for when chevrolet.com will let you build out a Bolt with options and pricing in the US? I am thinking October for a December release.

ssspinball said:
Anyone have any guesses for when chevrolet.com will let you build out a Bolt with options and pricing in the US? I am thinking October for a December release.
They normally come out with the order guide shortly before production starts - that's required so that the dealers can place the orders that they need to know what cars to build. Once the order guide comes out then the available options are essentially etched in stone. Since production starts in October I'm thinking that the order guide ought to be available by August or September at the latest.

Once the order guide is out, there's no reason that they can't set up the configurator on their web site. But it's my observation that they tend to do this sort of thing in batches, so they'll probably do it at the same time they set up the configurator for all their other 2017 models. Since those models are likely to be available in the fall, September or October seems like a reasonable guess to me.

Cool, so we might see the price/options list in only a month or two! :D I guess that's really what I want to see--the website is just a bonus.

Back