GM Is Giving Lyft Drivers First Dibs on Its New All-Electric Chevy Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo

General Motors and ridesharing company Lyft are expanding a short-term car rental program to California and Colorado as the two companies deepen a partnership forged just seven months ago.

The expansion of its so-called Express Drive program was expected. Earlier this year, Lyft co-founder John Zimmer told Fortune the service would eventually be offered in cities across the U.S.

The more remarkable piece: Lyft drivers will be among the first to get access to GM’s all-electric 2017 Chevrolet Bolt, which is going into full production later this year. This will be the first all-electric car to be added to Express Drive.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/11/gm-lyft-drivers-chevy-bolt/

Geo said:
The more remarkable piece: Lyft drivers will be among the first to get access to GM’s all-electric 2017 Chevrolet Bolt, which is going into full production later this year.
I can't help but think that ride share and taxi companies will be very interested in the Bolt - it's got the range they need for daily operations and a good form factor for hauling people and their luggage. The Tesla 3 doesn't seem to me that it would be as useful in that kind of role.

For sure the Chevy Bolt and other EV will infiltrate taxi services it just makes sense

Taxi services in daycare services will be infiltrated especially because minivans are on the EV table now

SeanNelson said:
Geo said:
The more remarkable piece: Lyft drivers will be among the first to get access to GM’s all-electric 2017 Chevrolet Bolt, which is going into full production later this year.
I can't help but think that ride share and taxi companies will be very interested in the Bolt - it's got the range they need for daily operations and a good form factor for hauling people and their luggage. The Tesla 3 doesn't seem to me that it would be as useful in that kind of role.

Interesting perspective. If that happens, then Chevy Bolt EV will be direct hit.

sam said:
Taxi services in daycare services will be infiltrated especially because minivans are on the EV table now

How about Chrysler Pacifica? That seems to be a pretty good minivan.

Rivu said:
sam said:

I see a lot of Prius V's in use as taxis so it makes sense that the Pacifica will get in on the action too. It strikes me as a model that may be adapted for wheelchair use. I see a lot of minivans around here that have the rear bumper cut out with a lowered floor pan so that wheelchairs can roll into the back of the vehicle without the wheelchair user having to leave their seat.

SeanNelson said:
Rivu said:
sam said:

I see a lot of Prius V's in use as taxis so it makes sense that the Pacifica will get in on the action too. It strikes me as a model that may be adapted for wheelchair use. I see a lot of minivans around here that have the rear bumper cut out with a lowered floor pan so that wheelchairs can roll into the back of the vehicle without the wheelchair user having to leave their seat.

I suppose it's possible. Though I haven't read anything about it yet. Would be awesome if it has the feature.

Latest posts

Back