Lyft Drivers To Be Among First To Get Chevrolet Bolt EV Starting In Late 2016

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

General Motors and ride-sharing partner, Lyft, are in the process of expanding the Express Drive vehicle access program to include Colorado and California. Lyft drivers will become some of the first to enjoy the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV.

chevrolet bolt ev interior NYAIS16 via David Ringgold
Inside The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Lyft’s president and co-founder, John Zimmer, said:

“Expanding Express Drive provides opportunities to hundreds of thousands of new potential Lyft drivers and continues to make car ownership optional for both drivers and passengers. We are also excited to be adding electric vehicles to Express Drive, which is an important milestone for Lyft and the industry.”

The Express Drive program has seen positive results in Chicago, Boston, Washington D.C., and Baltimore. In Boston, the program reached full capacity in four days. In Chicago, Express Drive’s first city, 30% of new Lyft driver applications included requests for renting Express Drive vehicles.

Read more: http://insideevs.com/lyft-drivers-to-be-among-first-to-get-chevrolet-bolt-ev-starting-in-late-2016/

Gm has to make sure that the selected cities have a good DC Fast Charging infrastructure. So far GM has contributed none to the infrastructure, it's all come via Nissan and BMW and VW.

Rivu said:
Gm has to make sure that the selected cities have a good DC Fast Charging infrastructure. So far GM has contributed none to the infrastructure, it's all come via Nissan and BMW and VW.
Overnight L2 charging may work just fine for a lot of Lyft drivers, depending on the kinds of rides they do. My average speed in city traffic works out to around 30km/h, and with a 340km+ range that means over 10 hours of driving for a Bolt. That's plenty for one shift, I'd think.

SeanNelson said:
Rivu said:
Overnight L2 charging may work just fine for a lot of Lyft drivers, depending on the kinds of rides they do. My average speed in city traffic works out to around 30km/h, and with a 340km+ range that means over 10 hours of driving for a Bolt. That's plenty for one shift, I'd think.

Another way could be GM working with the local charging companies to solve this problem rather than trying to build all of the infrastructure required.

Back