How GM plans to market Chevy Volt plug-in hybrid, Bolt EV electric car

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggle

Hybrids are pretty well-known at this point, and battery-electric cars are conceptually simple: You plug them in like a mobile phone.

But explaining plug-in hybrids to car buyers at large—it's a hybrid, but it also plugs in, but only for double-digit range—has proven to be very hard.

As GM starts to sell its 2017 Volt nationally, and prepares for the debut of its 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV at the end of the year, marketing will be absolutely key.

Read more: http://www.greencarreports.com/news...hevy-volt-plug-in-hybrid-bolt-ev-electric-car

If GM really wants to market Chevy Bolt properly they've got to up their dealership game. I've seen this happen so many times- when people go to check out a Chevy Bolt, the dealer ends up suggesting something else to them.

Rivu said:
If GM really wants to market Chevy Bolt properly they've got to up their dealership game. I've seen this happen so many times- when people go to check out a Chevy Bolt, the dealer ends up suggesting something else to them.

It's a sad truth. Even I've had the same experience. Not with Bolt but with Chevy brand. Their dealers don't make the best effort to sell the cars.

mark111 said:
Rivu said:

It's a sad truth. Even I've had the same experience. Not with Bolt but with Chevy brand. Their dealers don't make the best effort to sell the cars.

Yeah. Lots of dealers aren't even certified to sell Chevrolet Bolt EV.

I read in another post that a marketing plan for the Chevrolet Bolt mprovide. Extended test drives. Perhaps overnight that would be a great idea as it would give people a chance to get rid of their fears of running out of battery life

Back